Thread: Vaquero

Vaquero

I am Looking for a relatively low cost upgrade to what I have, particularly for depth and am contemplating getting a Vaquero. Currently own a Golden Sabre II, Cutlass II umax (that my wife claimed) and an XLT.
    Just looking for feedback from those who own/have owned a Vaquero.
    I like the depth that my XLT gives but lately have been realizing that I don't find the non-coin goodies as much with it as I do the Tesoros. The Vaquero seemed like it could cover both issues.
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Candidate Member

Re: Vaquero

The Vaquero is a outstanding detector, on par with unit's that are twice the price. This year I bought my first Tesoro and have been very happy with it's performance. I started detecting in 1972 and over the years have used White's ,Fisher and Garrett. I am the only one to use a Tesoro in the detecting club, but it will make finds as good as the Minelab's or my White's MXT. You would be hard pressed to find a detector with a lifetime warranty that can go deep and find the good stuff and only weight 2.2 pounds. thumbsup01

UPDATE:
    Almost a year after I started this thread my wife gave me a Vaquero for Christmas. So far, I am liking it!

It is seeing silver that my XLT missed. In two local parks that have been hit hard, I had only found 1 silver coin in one of them and two in the other for over a year and 20+ hunts. In 6 hunts with the Vaquero, I have found 6 silver coins!

The Vaq seems to have a slight edge on depth over the XLT in my ground. Most of the silver finds were dimes in the 7-8 inch range and that was pretty much the outer limits of what I could get out of my XLT.

I am also impressed with the stability of the Vaquero. I can crank it in most of my local spots with little or no chatter.

Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Congrats on the Vaquero and the Silver, Bill. lol lol

Now, while you're hunting now without a display, do you miss it? Or do you dig more unwanted items depending on the missing display?