Thread: Corroded Copper, Small silver

Corroded Copper, Small silver

Yesterday I made the mistake of heading to the woods thinking it would not snow, except that the sky opened up on me when I started to detect. I kept at it anyway, but the only good find was a 1884 Indian Head cent.

Today I took a drive to another wooded area, but there was too much snow to deal with. I then headed back home and on the way I stopped at a local park to work a semi-wooded section. I dug up two silver coins from there, a 1905 Barber dime and a 1952 Roosevelt dime. In the mix too was a corroded 1846 large cent. They just don't hold up well at the parks.

HH!

Re: Corroded Copper, Small silver

Man them parks kill the large coppers. Nice to keep seeing silver though It must be the decomposing grass that turns them wheats that emerald green. I kinda like that emerald green, but not the other greens Every bit adds up and it looks like you had another successful hunt. Boy that E Trac just can't seem to find silver

very nice looking area in the first picture Angel , the indian and barber are in great shape and even George would of took that large copper today , he was jones'en for one after all teases he got .congrats
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Man them parks kill the large coppers. Nice to keep seeing silver though It must be the decomposing grass that turns them wheats that emerald green. I kinda like that emerald green, but not the other greens Every bit adds up and it looks like you had another successful hunt. Boy that E Trac just can't seem to find silver
    Yeah, the large coppers do get killed at the parks. It hurts to get a good, deep signal, only to dig up a barely recognizable large cent. The silver made up for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    very nice looking area in the first picture Angel , the indian and barber are in great shape and even George would of took that large copper today , he was jones'en for one after all teases he got .congrats
    Thanks, Dan. It is a peaceful and quiet area, but better when there is no snow.

Nice finds, especially in the snow Beautiful barber dime.....

Have you ever found a copper in great condition? I wonder if the ground there is prohibitive to any coppers surviving.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Nice finds, especially in the snow Beautiful barber dime.....

Have you ever found a copper in great condition? I wonder if the ground there is prohibitive to any coppers surviving.
    I have, but not from any of the parks. A few town commons have produced better coppers.

Awesome! Shrug off the snow, and find that Silver. Nice hunt Angel. Spring is in the air.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

That a way
    Thats what I've been missing for the last 5 months.
    Seeing your great finds and your ability to pull those silvers!!
    Whats that ? 3 or 4 Large cents for the year now?
    I don't know...your hangin' in there for the large cent race...come on...you can dou it!
    Congrats & HH

Silver on snowy days gotta warm you up.The large cent isn't bad either it most of been in a spot that gets a lot of moisture.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Silver is always good.... a big jar of Morgans would be 'heart attack' time.. rofl RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector