Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Detech Ultimate 13 Coil For Etrac ***Update***

Re: New Detech Ultimate 13 Coil For Etrac ***Update***

Thanks for the link Albert! Great information here.

I made a another post with a little more detailed results with this coil...

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...5837#msg105837
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Really short (1min) video I made from a target on a 3 hour hunt today - an 8 Bronze coin found using the 13 Detech. Note the Fe numbers - my ground is iron mineralized. I may have to rethink my it can't separate quite like the stock comment below - so don't hold me to it, yet! I think what I was saying is that you get so many signals under it since it's so large but I really didn't have problems in the iron...

My comments from Youtube:
    Just a short video to give you an idea of how the 13 Detech sounds on a deeper target (in somewhat iron mineralized ground). It hit harder than the stock 11 would have. I had the volume gain on 23 which did make the coin come in softer.

I have to say the 13 Detech does pretty well in iron for it's size. It is also pretty sensitive to really small pieces of metal. I dug (and was fooled) by quite a few very very small pieces of metal (You know, the kind that you have to really search for with a pinpointer and the kind that you dig an 8 hole to find, but after much searching realize they are 1 deep!)

The coil is quite lite, no noticeable difference between it and the stock (850g compared to 800g respectively). If your trash level isn't too high and the iron isn't as well, I think the 13 Detech is a very good choice and could be used instead of the 11 stock coil. I do notice, due to it's size of course, that it can't quite separate like the stock coil. BUT it does better around EMI and I have no problem maxing out the sensitivity with it as well. (I was pretty close to a road and residential area).

E-Trac & 13 Detech - 8 Coin, plus comments

Well reading all the good reviews of the Detech 13 Ulimate coil i decided to jump on the band wagon and buy one, Might get it Monday or Tuesday. Thanks Guys for the reviews.

Well got my coil yesterday, but as you all know here in Missouri we're having a very bad dry spell and the ground is like concrete so it will a bit before i can go out and detect with it. we need a lot of rain >:\ very soon

Veteran Member

I got one last weekend and like it. First three hunts with it --

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by randy link=topic=8921.msg118031#msg118031 date=1343381828
    I got one last weekend and like it. First three hunts with it --

very nice Randy and welcome back
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow, awesome finds. thanks for posting

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=8921.msg118045#msg118045 date=1343395006
    very nice Randy and welcome back
    Thanks Dan. I'm really enjoying this Ultimate 13 coil. I think it is a keeper. I think it works just as well as the pro coil in the trash, tho I am too lazy to change them for tests on the same target, or go over the same grid with the pro coil.

Got a barber half, 1807 2 reale, and merc with it today (as well as an abused large cent), tho who is to say the pro coil would not have gotten the same coins?

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Wow. Looks like this coil will have to go on my list of things to get. Since it sounds like it separates as well as the Pro Coil... it's a no brainer.

Awesome hunt Randy... especially the 1807 2 reale.

My largest problem is when I get two or more targets under the coil at one time. What a musical song my Etrac plays.
    The coil will give great coverage in the hunted out places, but not to good in the trashy areas where I hunt.

Fantastic Randy! Really nice finds there. Thanks for sharing.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer