Thread: 1400 dd deepscan on v3

1400 dd deepscan on v3

Hi all, another coil question on v3 and coils. does the 1400 dd coil have to be v rated like other coils and if so how will a non v rated 1400 dd coil work on the v3? thanks all.
    " DIGGIN MICHIGAN"

Re: 1400 dd deepscan on v3

I have never used the 1400 DD on the V3. I don't think there is any advantage over the 10 D2 coil with the exception of a slightly larger footprint for more coverage. I think this would explain why Whites chose not to manufacture a V rated version of this coil. The 1400 is only 8 wide so theoretically it would not be as deep as the D2. The D2 is a DD style coil so they both would excel at cutting through mineralization. I hope we can get some input from someone who has actually used it on the V3.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

thank you jack for the info.

" DIGGIN MICHIGAN"

Your welcome Pointer. I have always wanted to know how this coil behaves on the V3. I have played with one on my DFX for awhile. It was really heavy.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

jack I seen one for sale for a good price but it doesnt sound much like I would gain too much over d2 coil.
    " DIGGIN MICHIGAN"

If it isn't V rated, I wouldn't even consider it for the V3 anyways. I had one on my DFX and only sometimes could I get a pre amp of 3 (out of 4) on it. Most time it would only run on 2. That loses any advantage it was supposed to get for the deep stuff.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Candidate Member

I just went through vetting this coil for use with my V3, one it is heavy, two it is not V rated and that causes some instability when using all three freq. or 22.5 specifically. I checked with White and they say as was pointed out in this string that White is not going to V rate this coil because the D2 is as good or better and half the weight. I did work with the coil for a few days and it seemed to not have any real advantage in pattern or depth, but it sure was heavy! I am returning this coil today to KellyCo and swapping it for a White 5.3 & something else that I haven't figured out.
    Slump-Shooter / Mooresville, NC
    Spectra-V3i, 10"D2, S-12" , 950, 5.2 & 4x8 SEF

I do have a 5.3 on my DFX 300 and like it alot its small but it seems to get very good depth for its size. thumbsup01

Candidate Member

Good to know, I think I am going to try and order one today, Thanks!
    Slump-Shooter / Mooresville, NC
    Spectra-V3i, 10"D2, S-12" , 950, 5.2 & 4x8 SEF