Thread: e trac help

e trac help

does anybody know if ther are videos on starting out with the e trac it can be a little different when you have used other detectors i was wondering if ther was one that took you from the very beginingto the point where you could understand a little i have the book by sabisch and it is helpful but sometimes ti helps to see it done also thanks dennis

Re: e trac help

Like what kind of videos? Just explaining the various adjustments? Or in terms of what the finds sound like?

I am not aware of specific videos but you might try YouTube. I think the best way to learn is just take it out and practice digging. The manual is pretty good and there are threads here explaining in detail what each feature controls (I'm thinking of Angel's very detailed post; I'll look for the link).
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

its quite a biit different from my xlt i will get thru it what i was looking for was a way to get started i am the kinda person that learns more from seing it done than reading instuctions dennis

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

I had found a few helpful videos on You Tube when I first started using the Etrac. I would start there with a search. I would also suggest to start out simple by using the preset programs and make small changes. There is nothing that can compare to just getting out there and digging the different signals to see what's there. good Luck with your new machine.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber