Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first seated quarter!

Re: My first seated quarter!

awesome hunting Tana! Nice pictures- Huge Congrats on the Seated Quarter!!!

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

WTG Tana, A big congrats on a first and some nice hunts. The pictures are great also. |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Thanks Jeff, Donna & Baba! Wow are you impressed I know all 3 of your real names! lol

Today I went back to the 1790 house/distillery/mill and the signal that I was so excited about yesterday (my kid got bored and I got tired of digging up rocks) ... It ended up being a slice of old rusty sheet metal It was hilarious the way I took pics and spent so much time digging it up like an archaelogist. It ended up being about 18 deep, flat and smooth about 12x 12. When I tapped on it was hollow sounding so thought it might be a box/stash of something gold, I mean good rofl

There are actually many stories of buried gold in these parts, as prob there is everywhere lol It was a great day exploring the old mill ruins and I did find an old heavy shovel (made by blacksmith). It was in the spill way near where I found the 1880 IH. I will hopefully post a thread about this area- I will be back there soon Thanks for listening to me ramble, to whoever is listening
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=9399.msg106021#msg106021 date=1332892314
    Thanks Jeff, Donna & Baba! Wow are you impressed I know all 3 of your real names! lol
    The stories are true but the names have been changed to protect the innocent . What old timer around here knows what old TV show that saying came from .

Ramble on tana It's interesting and I for one am listening . |

Super finds!!! Congrats on the seated Q, that's a beauty!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

<: <: <:

Oh she's a beauty Tana. I'm still looking for my first one.

Awesome post and fantastic pictures... thanks for taking us along on your hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbooty link=topic=9399.msg106033#msg106033 date=1332897207
    The stories are true but the names have been changed to protect the innocent . What old timer around here knows what old TV show that saying came from .

Ramble on tana It's interesting and I for one am listening . |
    Dragnet - starring Jack Webb and Henry Morgan. That was a long time ago.................. :-\
    Ace 250 w/Sunray Probe
    More than paid for with clad!

Congrats on a really, really nice hunt.
    Needless to say, the quarter is a beauty
    Continued good hunting.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Good job Tana!!! | thumbsup01 Congrats and a cc very cool.
    2011 Silver count 30 first year detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin link=topic=9399.msg106133#msg106133 date=1332955201
    Dragnet - starring Jack Webb and Henry Morgan. That was a long time ago.................. :-\

That's right Calvin !! <: | Do you remember his first partner Ben Alexander ( Who passed away several years back) ?
    Ben opened up his own Ford Dealership ( Ben Alexander Ford which now doesn't exist ) On Army Street ( which is now Ceaser Chavez Street ) across from the old Sears store ( which no longer exists ) . Time marches on . :-\ Oh well .

Sorry for riding on your post for a bit Tana . >8) Congrats again on your great finds .

Congrats on the first thumbsup01