Thread: Another Headphone Question

Another Headphone Question

I just had to send in my Sun Ray Pro headphones for repair and found that I had a terrible time with my backup set of headphones (came with the E-trac). I couldn't get use to the sound and they kept falling off my head. Annoying enough if I was finding stuff but beyond description when you can only find pennies every 30 or 40 minutes

In any case, I would like to buy a second pair of good headphones for backup and can't decide on whether I should get another pair of the Sun Ray Pro or go with a pair of Grey Ghost. If anyone has experience with these two brands and would like to share their thoughts or just a comment in general, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Re: Another Headphone Question

I've heard good things about the Grey Ghosts... For whatever reason though I stick with my cheapo $10 headphones. I like being able to hear the noises of my surroundings.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Hey bob_e99,

I don't own a pair of Koss headphones but what I've read was that folks out there getting fustrated with them falling off your head when bending down to recover a target. Koss headphones that are supplied with Minelab detectors are overly priced for a better than average headphone. I think that they are 32 ohm speakers which is average for listening and average in price. Personally half the price them would be about right, say $35 to $45.

I own a pair of SunRay Pro Golds for 3+ years and really like them. | They block outside noise, fit snug but don't bite you at the end of a day hunting. Really like the seperate volume controls, limiter switch and they have 150 ohm speakers.

Hope this helps in your decision,

TC-NM
    Nokta Impact - White's XL Pro - White's Spectra V3i - Sunray Pro Gold HP, Whites E-9000 by Koss HP - White's Digger - Garrett Pro-pointer AT

Been Detecting Since '74

Quote Originally Posted by TC-NM link=topic=9427.msg108941#msg108941 date=1334761909
    Hey bob_e99,

I don't own a pair of Koss headphones but what I've read was that folks out there getting fustrated with them falling off your head when bending down to recover a target. Koss headphones that are supplied with Minelab detectors are overly priced for a better than average headphone. I think that they are 32 ohm speakers which is average for listening and average in price. Personally half the price them would be about right, say $35 to $45.

I own a pair of SunRay Pro Golds for 3+ years and really like them. | They block outside noise, fit snug but don't bite you at the end of a day hunting. Really like the seperate volume controls, limiter switch and they have 150 ohm speakers.

Hope this helps in your decision,

TC-NM
    Thank you for your reply. I went with the Grey Ghost NDT which I like for some reasons but I got my Sun Ray Pro Gold back from being repaired and went back to using them. Their volume control is much better than the Grey Ghost and I'm use to their high pitch when you hit a coin. I do like the sound of the Grey Ghost also and I really like the removable cable (big plus on that feature). I'm not a big fan of their volume control buttons though which may be the only reason I'm using the Sun Ray as my primary set.

In any case, thanks again for taking the time to post your reply.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030