Thread: Member Voting for Best Finds Awards

Member Voting for Best Finds Awards

We mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we would be implementing a change in the process for choosing monthly award winners for the best find. Previously, these winners were chosen via a voting process by the AD staff.

However, we have decided to open this voting process up to the members of the AD forum as well. We hope you will find it fun to participate in the selection process.

Three polls (one each for Best Coin, Best Relic, and Best Jewelry) have been posted in this newly-created forum. You are allowed one vote for each poll/category. The awards are meant to recognize the overall best find in each category, regardless of which member found it, so please only consider the individual find itself. Also important to remember is that the age of a coin does not necessarily correlate to its rarity; the same general principle is true for the other categories as well.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about this process. Thank you!

The American Detectorist Staff
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: Member Voting for Best Finds Awards

I think this is a Great Idea and by doing it monthly, it makes it so people don't have to wait as in the find of the year.

The only othe category that i would like to see is the best story. Everyone of us has a story behind our finds. So, if there is a story and an item to go with it then it would make this program even more interesting. Talk it over Administrators and let me know if you like my ideas.

Thank You. Sal Vetro AKA ( Sal66)
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Re: Member Voting for Best Finds Awards

Great ideas Sal... thank you! We will definitely discuss these.

We are also strongly considering a vote at the end of the year in each of the 3 categories (relics, jewelry, and coin) composed of the 12 monthly winners, to let the members choose Best Find of the Year, which would involve prizes.

Thanks everyone for your participation thus far! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250