Thread: shoe buckle

shoe buckle

well was out for a short hunt today with Coinnut not much to find though :bangahead01: . just a plain flat button and a 1925 wheatie ( George must have cursed me ) and then i got a very ratty sounding shotgun shell signal stretcher: ( something mixed with iron is whats going through my mind ) and out pops this very nice ornate little shoe buckle . first complete one of the year
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: shoe buckle

WOW! nice find! never seen complete iron guts! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

THATS A BEAUTY!

That buckle is sweet!! But I got a surprise of my own Besides a real nice Pewter button, that little canister that you told me would have half dimes in it? It's just as good. A religious ornament, with I believe Joseph and Jesus? (or a bad image of Mary lol) The statue is probably silver and that is a glass cylinder around them. I wasn't expecting that to be in there lol Actually I wasn't expecting anything to be in there at all I find the oddest things rofl Must be my wacko personality that draws me to them. So it was a short hunt, but well worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

hey thats pretty unexpected and cool , never seen anything like it . i'm surprised the glass made it out in one piece with all the frost and water freezing going on for the last hundered years or more.

That appears to be a St. Christopher statue... might be another one though... very cool find... RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Wow! Cool finds guys! stretcher: That buckle sure looks great, and the cylinder with the religious figure is one sweet find. You sure do find the oddest items, George. lol But they are very nice ones.

wow that's pretty cool G! and yeah at what dan said! unbelievable that the glass wasn't cracked.very cool short hunt duuudes! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by RickO View Post
    That appears to be a St. Christopher statue... might be another one though... very cool find... RickO
    That makes more sense. Isn't Christopher the protector of travel or is it children? I knew Joseph wasn't gonna watch Jesus lol

Great looking finds guys.George that is a very unique religious find and you must bring it with you while Dan is driving.Christopher is the patron saint for travelers.
    Will have to catch with you guys in the near future after my wife mends up.She just got done with some disc surgery in her neck and after she mends she needs work done on the lower back.Been a stressful week but on the plus side I do have a new test area as she now has a plate in her neck........do you guys know how titanium rings up on the xlt?
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    George that is a very unique religious find and you must bring it with you while Dan is driving.Christopher is the patron saint for travelers.

Been a stressful week but on the plus side I do have a new test area as she now has a plate in her neck........do you guys know how titanium rings up on the xlt?
    I'm gonna have St. Christopher righ in my pocket. Altough Del is a very careful driver, it seems them telephone poles move in front of him alot lol Rocks and potholes seem to move too rofl

Hope your wife's neck heals soon. Don't know what a piece of titanium that big will read, but I do know what you will get from her, if you try detecting her neck lol

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    George that is a very unique religious find and you must bring it with you while Dan is driving.Christopher is the patron saint for travelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I'm gonna have St. Christopher righ in my pocket. Altough Del is a very careful driver, it seems them telephone poles move in front of him alot lol Rocks and potholes seem to move too rofl
    yeah ... yeah i'm an excellent driver .... yeah definately an excellent driver .....yeah

Wow you guys did pretty good for a short hunt. Looking forward to when I can join you fellas for hunts again. I will let ya know hopefully soon. john

Quote Originally Posted by machine72 View Post
    Wow you guys did pretty good for a short hunt. Looking forward to when I can join you fellas for hunts again. I will let ya know hopefully soon. john
    lol We're just happy you are still alive Let us know John, when you are available on Saturdays.