Thread: 1945 house site

1945 house site

I was talking with a co-worker the other day, and it turns out he has a rent house he is remodeling for a few months. Of course I HAD to ask for permission to hunt it. My research shows the house was built in 1945. It's a small house with a small yard, but I won't pass up anything,

I hit it twice today. Backyard is about 100 x 50, and the front is maybe 35 x 50. I hit it from one direction, then agian from the 90 degree angle. I pulled the usual junk, and modern clad. I pulled 5 wheaties and kept thinking, There HAS to be silver here. Then finally, after my last wheatie I found a silver Rosie!

There were a couple targets I walked away from, becuase I didn't want to make a mess digging blindly. My X-1 is coming. Should be tomorrow!! thumbsup01 I also found a play money nickel and what I think it a makeup lid. I'm still cleaning the lid.

I also had a new repsonse I hadn't seen yet. I got a good reading. It was a little jumpy, but I had no doubt it was a coin (12-41 - 11-42 range). When I pinpointed, the numbers dropped to something like 35-44. I went back and scanned again. Good reading, just jumpy. Pinpoint, and it shows iron. I was about to walk away when I decided I HAD to see what this was. I pulled the plug, and scanned it from the bottom. Solid, reading. no jump. I broke it apart and found an older memorial cent. I rescanned the rest of the plug and got a null. Yep, there was an iron nail about an inch above the coin. Dang this machine impresses the heck out of me!

This makes 3 silvers with my E-Trac so far. Thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Re: 1945 house site

Congrats on the silver! Very nice post... you are rocking with that E-trac! You will love the X-1, trust me
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Nice digs!

BTW, I never trust the pinpoint numbers. In pinpoint mode it is not using the filters or other settings. You might say it's an ALL METAL pinpoint mode. So any piece of iron or other trash near the target is picked up and will throw off the FE and CO numbers.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Very nice! You are clearly doing well with the E-Trac. You will again enjoy hitting many of your old hunting grounds. The X-1 is definitely going to come in handy.

Congrats on the nice looking hunt! thumbsup01

That's a nice hunt, you did awesome. Everytime I see these posts of what the E-Trac can do I yearn for one more and more. Good luck with your new X-1..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Nice finds Jason, nice looking silver E-Trac strikes again. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Good stuff Jason!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Nice finds! thumbsup01 I'm so close to jumping on the e-trac bandwagon it just isn't funny. I'm glad you are doing well with it!

Quote Originally Posted by marchas45 View Post
    Nice finds Jason, nice looking silver E-Trac strikes again. thumbsup01
    Charlie... next group hunt we meet up at, can you show me your E-Trac?
    (that doesn't sound right, but I assure everyone I'm talking about the metal detector )