Thread: 13 ultimate vs. 10x12 sef

13 ultimate vs. 10x12 sef

I am in the market for a new coil for my e-trac and was wondering what other people thought of these 2 coils vs. the stock pro coil. Kellyco can't give much of any info on the timing of a 13 ultimate so I was considering the 10x12 sef but if the 13 is the way to go I don't want to waste my money on the sef. Opinions?

Re: 13 ultimate vs. 10x12 sef

I had both and what stood out to me was how much lighter the 13 Detech was. Weight ruled out for me and I sold the 112. I thought it separated as good as the 112 but didn't really head to head them enough to say. Look up Bryce's posts on the Explorer forum on Finds. He does great coil reviews and he said the 13 was better in every way except maybe not as sensitive.

Albert

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

The Detech 13 on the the Etrac is a killer set-up. It is deeper and separates just as good as the stock coil. It is also lighter than the SEF. I would go with the Detech 13. Good Luck

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I use the the SEF on the V3i, and the Ultimate 13 coil on the E-Trac. Without a doubt the Ultimate coil is ideal for a coin shooter. Unrealistically, and unbelievably it seems to maintain the great separation of the stock coil. I run this at Auto +3, and have great results in the trash as well as maintaining the ability to get those deep ones. My poor stock coil just sits on the shelf now.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Thanks for the info everyone. I guess I will be ordering the 13 ultimate. Can you get them from anyone other than kellyco?

at this time kellyco is the only dealer in the united states.
    " DIGGIN MICHIGAN"

If you call Kellyco to order the coil, haggle a little with them. Sometimes they'll give free shipping. Every little bit helps.
    ::

I used coupon code TAKE10 for $10 off.

I got this coil a couple of weeks ago and so far it works great! Thanks for the tips everyone.