Thread: 1958 error

1958 error

I know this is supposed to be for dug coins, but I wasn't sure where to put it . I'm thinking it's a stuck piece of metal on the coin after looking at it through my loop. I know what a die crack looks like and I know this isn't that. I just need a 2nd opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Re: 1958 error

hey Sal it looks like its either a die crack or it was stamped over some cud but i'm leaning to die crack
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: 1958 error

Um I have to disagree Dan. If you look at it in person you can see it's a extra piece of metal now that I've looked at it again more closely. You can see where the metal burr at one point looks twisted. I say it's definitely a Metal Burr from when it was either Puched out as a blank or when the Rim was made slicing a Burr that settled on the Coin. Or it could of been placed there or a piece of metal flew on top of the coin. Either way, It's probably not worth a real lot since it's a Nickel. I'll send a pic to a contact I have.
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now