Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trooper Bri, Del, and I Hit the Cellars

Trooper Bri, Del, and I Hit the Cellars

Brian and Dan invited me to a few of Dan's sites that have been kind to him. These were beautiful sites with as many pens as I've ever seen. I wish I took some pics of the walls as they were breathtaking...but when I'm hunting, I'm hunting I'm no photojournalist.
    Brian brought the awesome buckle he found this week and it started us talking about digging buckles. What they sound like, how deep, how rare, etc. Little did I know I'd join him with a complete colonial shoe buckle this week. So we hike in maybe a half mile through some really thick New England bush, then like magic Dan brings us to a place that opened up like Shangri-La Dee Da (a la Flintstones for those old enough) . I found most of this stuff in one pen, I'm glad I took off in that direction
    I love picked pens where, in areas, you hear iron every swing. That buckle will be splendid after I clean it. Thanks for the invite and I hope you guys made out after I left!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 06-27-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow drew, that buckle has an awesome patina and design! Wtg, and the buttons are nice too! Sounds like fun!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

That shoe buckle, Amazing!!! Well done man! Beautiful emerald green patina, does it move??
    I <3 colonial relics!

Very very nice complete shoe buckle Drew bet you wished now we were talking about pine tree schillings before instead that is super find , you definitely had the hot coil for relics . I 'm glad you save that buckle , who knows how many more centuries it would of sat there until you found it .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Drew I am salivating over that beautiful buckle WOW!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Great finds and great buckle. Looks like all the talking must have worth it!!!
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Wow Drew, that is a nice buckle. Ornate like the piece in the top left. Guessing it's part of another buckle but it has the same shape as a bottle opener. Or were you cracking open some summer beers? lol. That lamp part is destroyed. What's with the Canadia kick lately? Did you sense some impending altercation like out in Putnam so you bolted early again?

Hey thats my darn shoe buckle now what did you do with the other. Damn that buckle is awesome best one i have saw posted.

That's a beauty of a buckle Drew
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks everyone!!
    Jim, I never thought of bringing refreshments on the hunt. I'd probably fall into a well and break my glutinous maximus
    I think that is a suspender part which is missing the three prongs that would be on a rotating pin. ...and what's wrong with Canada?!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That's a fantastic buckle Drew! It was awesome to see it still packed with dirt. Your description of the jaunt in is spot-on. I was amazed at how open much of the site was.
    It was great hunting with you guys again! Looking forward to the next one.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

That buckle looks amazing. Great Patina.

what i would give to find something like that.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Man! You guys found dime great relics and coins! That buckle is sweet!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Glutinous maximus? You think you are overweight? Lol. I am sure someone has already done a hunt with some "refreshments". Why do you think we find the cans later on? Oh, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK00KESZ-YA. Hahaha. Jk. I was merely pointing out within the past few weeks your posts been boasting Canadian pride and I didn't know where all the sudden it came from. It was quite sporadic.

Thanks all! Stupid spell checker, not glutinous, but GLUTEUS maximus.
    Although glutinous just reminded me of a story from this past hunt. I'm sitting on a rock eating my second meal of the hunt and am joined by Brian and Dan. I tell Dan about a copper piece I had just found. I look in my pouch but can't find it. Oh well...30 min later I swing over something on the surface then suddenly realize it's where I was eating and must have dropped that piece in the leaves. I pick it up again and put it in my pouch. When I got home that darn thing was lost AGAIN!!

Here is the buckle posing with his brother...his brother still has the champion patina, but the pin on this new one is not iron!

Tony Two-Cent recently exposed me to Canada's many attributes, that's all Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 06-29-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

its nice to see the two buckles side by side Drew , their size an ornate design is very very close and both have great patina .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Love the Buckles great time had by all it sounds like.
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Although glutinous just reminded me of a story from this past hunt. I'm sitting on a rock eating my second meal of the hunt and am joined by Brian and Dan. I tell Dan about a copper piece I had just found. I look in my pouch but can't find it. Oh well...30 min later I swing over something on the surface then suddenly realize it's where I was eating and must have dropped that piece in the leaves. I pick it up again and put it in my pouch. When I got home that darn thing was lost AGAIN!!
    Sounds like your Chinese cash coin...which ended up in your button collection. As far as falling out while hunting, maybe you need a new pouch cuz apparently it has a hole in it somewhere.

Amazing buckle! That style is on my bucket list for sure!
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MrDigger

Minelab Equinox 800, SE Pro
    Oldest coin: 1693 W&M halfpenny
    Oldest silver: 1751 Ferdinand VI Pistareen1 Real
    Oldest US coin: 1787 Mass State Copper
    Oldest US silver: 1821 Capped Bust Dime
    Favorite Find: 1806 Carolus IIII 8 Reales

Congrats on the OUTSTANDING buckle Drew!!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1