Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
It's an "old fart" thing. There were no cell phones when I grew up and when they came out, we were forced to get them (I was out of engineering and into marketing then). In essence, free time was not free anymore. Always within reach of the boss or our sales force.

Grew to dislike cell phones. I need one for family/emergency, but no way do I want to be one of those people that are constantly checking their FB page or sending tweets. Guess I am an anachronism. A highly technical guy that refuses to embrace a certain technology.
When I was still working at St Joe's a couple of years ago I had to carry my iphone, a work iphone, and a pager. Sometimes all three went off at the same time

So I hear you.

I only keep a Facebook account because my family insists on it and because we have an AD Facebook page which would go down if I took my personal account down. One of my "friends" from high school (he is a jerk) used to post every morning at like 5AM, all saccharine sweet syrupy stuff, talking about what a wonderful miracle day it is, how he is so grateful for all of life's gifts, how his profound love for his family keeps him alive, how each day is a new blessing, and on and on. Okay fine, once is good but every freaking DAY?!?! I had to tie my hands so I would not make a snarky reply. Then later I found out that he had been having an affair for the last 5 years, one of his kids was in prison and the other in rehab, and his house was in foreclosure. OMG. I hate Fakebook.

I thought flip phones were all in museums by now. My grandma, who died a couple of years ago at the age of 99, had an iphone 5. Do you still have beerdoodle over there?