Thread: Found gold twice !

Found gold twice !

Hey there on the other side of the planet ! Haven't been here for a while. But I'm still keeping the coil to the soil, and did some stunning finds this week.
    First I've found a golden pendant from the 17th century (1650) and it is 22 K gold with little crystals in it, unfortunately the plough hit it but still a great find. It was found on former ground where use to be a little castle in the 17th century. I will have it restored.

And then, the day before yesterday, I found this huge golden ring on a field. As you know, we live below sealevel. And the spot where I found this ring was used by former pirats like vikings to go ashore. This ring will be investigated by an archaeologist to be sure it is a vikingring, but we are 99 procent sure that it is the real thing. I will add picture of an ancient viking ring to compare.

Kind regards, Johan

Name:  Gouden Hanger 4.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  123.4 KB Pendant

Name:  viking-gold-finger-ring_m5005_3_.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  32.5 KB

And this is the ring I've found:

Name:  pixlr.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  107.7 KB No marks on it, that is typical for that period (800 - 1100 BC)

Humus mea arena est watch my finds on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQMd...ature=youtu.be

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! Do you have turn over the ring to the museum like in England? Congrats on such amazing finds! You've got my vote for best jewelry of the month! Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Two mind blowing finds!

That pendant certainly has a WOW factor! Good luck with the restoration, that it a good decision. What a gorgeous piece!

And I hope the ring turns our to be Viking era. It sure does look like the other one in those photos. Incredible!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Two beautiful finds , Congratulations twice !! I like the design of your ring far more than the sample one pictured .Both very worthy of finds of the month !!

Elite Member
    Amazing finds. Museum type stuff. Super congrats on the double GOLD. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Incredible finds and amazing history, congrats!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Making my finds look kinda like SH**!! BUT thanks for posting. Showing what real treasure looks like. I pray you don't have to turn that in given it's not a horde. Study and return to finder please!

What Everybody above Said!!!! OUTSTANDING
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! Do you have turn over the ring to the museum like in England? Congrats on such amazing finds! You've got my vote for best jewelry of the month! Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Yes, if it's the real thing I will (sell) hand it over to the museum where it belongs....so everyone can take a look at it. Tomorrow i'll visit the archaeologist, exciting !!
    Humus mea arena est watch my finds on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQMd...ature=youtu.be

Holy $%#$@ ! Those are beyond cool finds.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Two mind blowing finds!

That pendant certainly has a WOW factor! Good luck with the restoration, that it a good decision. What a gorgeous piece!

And I hope the ring turns our to be Viking era. It sure does look like the other one in those photos. Incredible!

Hey Tony, thanks for your reply. I visit the local archaeologist and it did turn out to be a real Viking-ring (Danish). That is something or what. I'm very very pleased with it.
    They will be doing more research and it will be named it the yearbook of finds in the City were I live. Price: unknown yet.

i'd rather it stayed in private hands, but that's just me. Think of all the stories you can tell when people see you wearing it! And besides in a museum, it could end up in a drawer someplace and forgotten about for a couple centuries who knows. be very interesting to know how much you get for it .

Two stunning finds.....hope that ring turns out to be a viking ring (sure does look like it from the photos).
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Two stunning finds.....hope that ring turns out to be a viking ring (sure does look like it from the photos).
    Yes, it's the real thing. Viking 9th century, Danish

Incredible finds Johan Truly treasure to dream of !! Huge congrats and thanks for sharing it with us .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

very nice. finding gold is always a good thing!
    Scott
    Rogue Relic Hunter
    Virginia Colony

East Coast Relic Hunters - "We don't just read history, we save it!"

very nice. congrats!
    Scott
    Rogue Relic Hunter
    Virginia Colony

East Coast Relic Hunters - "We don't just read history, we save it!"

Blog Entries
    Haha also nice here johan

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Two beautiful finds , Congratulations twice !! I like the design of your ring far more than the sample one pictured .Both very worthy of finds of the month !!
    Yeah....WOW!
    I agree with Cheep Thrills, that your ring is a even more beautiful than the one pictured as an example!
    Simply stunning!
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime