Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third medieval golden coin this year !!

Third medieval golden coin this year !!

I consider myself een Lucky man....I found my third golden coin this year...just have been on the right spot. It's my third in the same area.
    This time a mediaval goldguilder from 1464, with Saint John the Baptist with in his hand lamb-gods. It is in an excellent state so you can see !

I think the former owner hide it from the Spanish conquerors back then.

Enjoy the pic's !!

Name:  20150801_165249.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  74.1 KBName:  20150801_165322.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  67.7 KBName:  20150731_193552.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  126.4 KB
    Humus mea arena est watch my finds on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQMd...ature=youtu.be

All I can do is shake my head. Do you have a grading service there? Do you use PCGS? What do you do with a coin like that? Do you have any idea as to its worth? Still shaking my head...unreal.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

No way!! That's awesome and in spectacular shape! The design is beautiful! WTG!!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

Wow!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

That's amazing! If it could only talk!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

A very beautiful coin with a great history! Congratulations. What do the 5 Coats of Arms represent in the second picture. One looks like Britain and one looks German to me.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    A very beautiful coin with a great history! Congratulations. What do the 5 Coats of Arms represent in the second picture. One looks like Britain and one looks German to me.
    You are very right....German it is. Brandenburg.
    Humus mea arena est watch my finds on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQMd...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    All I can do is shake my head. Do you have a grading service there? Do you use PCGS? What do you do with a coin like that? Do you have any idea as to its worth? Still shaking my head...unreal.
    There is a grading service here. What do I do with such a coin....well....first I'll keep it for a while and look at it haha. My first golden coin this year I've sold and bought myself a brand new CTX 3030 of Minelab. I saw this coin in a bad shape on the internet for approximately 1000 euro's. This coin will be worth a little bit more then, I think 1200-1300 euro's (1400 USD).

Name:  20150731_193806 - kopie.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  94.8 KB

Last edited by Johan K; 08-16-2015 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacivilwarluke View Post
    No way!! That's awesome and in spectacular shape! The design is beautiful! WTG!!
    Yes very nice design. And this coin was, as you can see on the picture, just lying on the surface, did'nt have to dig it. She was just waiting for me I guess haha.

very nice.
    I have not found a gold coin ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Graud18 View Post
    very nice.
    I have not found a gold coin ; )
    Oh you will in time ! I've noticed your are from Poland. Like to go there to hunt !

Speechless ! Congratulations ! Still expecting mine from France some day, when I go back during the summer or for Christmas time.
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

All I can say is WOW !!!! Beautiful coin !
    Glen
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Amazing find! Most people search for a lifetime and never find a single gold coin, and here you are with 3 that are older than my country!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Elite Member
    I can only dream. What great history. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

That is awesome, in the true sense of the word. Congratulations!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Taltahull View Post
    Speechless ! Congratulations ! Still expecting mine from France some day, when I go back during the summer or for Christmas time.
    That would be something ! France is stuffed with goodies, I'll go in october. Roman coins !! Didn't find roman gold yet....it's there waiting for me...

Where in France would you be going?
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

That may be the most beautiful coin I've ever seen in my life!

What a mind blowing find! I would have a heart attack if I saw that beautiful gold coin in the dirt. In my book that is the ultimate find!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Taltahull View Post
    Where in France would you be going?
    Always around citys (or bigger villages) or near rivers, in particular where they use to bade or cross.
    In mediėval times people have been depositing their dirt (streetdirt etc) on the fields for manuring.
    Just use Google earth to zoom in nearby citys and the fields around it, you will see the old structures.
    Happy Hunting !