Thread: 16 years and 1000 miles apart!

16 years and 1000 miles apart!

Found about 16 years and 1000 miles apart! I found the New York State Seal Staff Officer's Button in Connecticut on Sunday. I found the New York Militia Staff Officer's Button in Chickamauga, GA about 16 years ago.Name:  new york buttons.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  60.5 KB
    XP Deus

So cool you remembered you found that button and made the connection years later! I'm hoping it cleans up as nice as its predecessor! I'm guessing you never got to hunt anywhere near the battle sites when you lived down there...? Congrats!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    So cool you remembered you found that button and made the connection years later! I'm hoping it cleans up as nice as its predecessor! I'm guessing you never got to hunt anywhere near the battle sites when you lived down there...? Congrats!
    I found the New York Militia Staff Officer's button within 500 feet of the Chickamauga Battlefield on private property. It was the best Civil War permission I ever acquired. On one side of the fence was the National Battlefield. On the other side of the fence was private property. I pulled so many Civil War relics out of those fields and dug that site for over 10 years. I was in the area a couple of years ago and hit one of the fields that I didn't get to hit back in the old days and it was awesome.
    XP Deus

Very cool.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."