Thread: Hope the bad streak is over !

Hope the bad streak is over !

I went to a cellar hole site that Mangoave and myself have been to several times, It is such a large area that I decided to go check out the areas away from the cellar holes, and I started to find things. Here are a couple of pictures; Also found a spot that looks as if everything in a shed just rotted into the ground. There is more there, so I will return in a few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by bamaart; 08-08-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Great finds. Is that a silver or gold ring? Can you tell us anything about it? Possibly a class ring?
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Looks like gold, no? Our Lady Star of the Sea? Really nice bite! Congratulations!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

It is gold.

Elite Member
    Super finds, great relics. Good Luck on future hunts there. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Kudos for checking out the areas away from the cellar hole and nice ring. Any markings on the inside?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice find, Kev. I'm still looking for a gold ring. You haven't been getting much luck so this broke it. Guess the horse bit and the buckles came from that area where there was a smaller barn was. Obvi that spot you mentioned by the stone walls was a place to check. I was discouraged the first time when only modern trash and cans were found.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Looks like gold, no? Our Lady Star of the Sea? Really nice bite! Congratulations!
    I looked it up when he sent me the pic. It's gold. That's the first google hit that came up for me, too. No, Our Lady Star of the Sea started in 1964 out in Stamford. There was a school Our Lady of Sorrows that was opened in 1907 out in Hartford. I read that a second school was built but the information was unclear whether the second school closed, or both closed in 1992.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

nice finds.
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...