Thread: buttons taday with Coinnut

buttons taday with Coinnut

what a perfectly beautiful day here in New England it was around 72 degrees , it was buttons , buttons
    and more buttons today lol lol Coinnut and i chose to hit an area that last fall produced 10 coppers
    and over 250 buttons total . we figured with the spring thaw and the ground being perfect and moist , we could atleast get
    a few more buttons and deeper targets . we were right we were pulling them in areas we hit before and hoped
    for a deep coin or two but
    it just wasn't ment to be today the highlights of the day were the colonial seal matrix and another commemorative
    button to celebrate Wellington's victory at waterloo over Nepolean in 1815 .

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: buttons taday with Coinnut

neat buttons man! still squeakin stuff out of a site is awesome! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

over 250 buttons!?! wow.....nice hunt today! Gotta love buttons!

Man, that cellar hole sure gave up the mother lode of buttons. stretcher: I do like that colonial seal matrix. Very nice hunt, del.

dan is there a seal image?
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Man, that cellar hole sure gave up the mother lode of buttons. stretcher: I do like that colonial seal matrix. Very nice hunt, del.
    thanks Angel , i've been wanting to find one for awhile now

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    dan is there a seal image?
    no its plain or flat , an uncut one . unfortunately the glass is cracked
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey, I'm finally done detecting lol I got done around 7:30 PM, a short hunt rofl After spending the day with Del , I went over a friends house to try my big monster coil in his 1814 Colonial paper mill that produced squat last couple of times there :bangahead01: This time I was determined to get something good. I was hoping for a copper and had some deep 12-46 readings, but all I got were copper scraps and NO coppers First hunt gave me 26 buttons, 2 buckles, some clad and some odds and ends. Mill hunt finally gave up 4 wheats, 1 Jefferson, and a 1924 Mercury Dime. Not fantastic, but I'll take it from this site. Lot's of junk today. All in all, a good day to detect, and yes Del my arm is fine. I think I'm getting used to the weight of that snowshoe coil rofl
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

nice hunt G! is that Beth's salad bowl or your field helmet the junk is in? rofl
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

Nice hunt guys I went out today at a friends house with kids and did his yard...The house was built in the late 1890's could not really go hard core cause i had to keep watch of the kids..Nothing worth posting I found like 3 wheats 1 clad dime and a bunch of memorial pennies. and junk.. was a beautiful day if the wife was home I would have loved to hook up with u guys today but ohh well.. I hope to get together with u guys real soon...hh john

Pounded sites still can produce and it shows by the number of good targets you guys dug.The wax seal matrix is real nice Dan and is an item on my list to find.Good number of buttons guys,you never know when one of them could be a great one.
    Hey George did you use that garbage can cover coil all day? When I use my big coil I feel like it is a can cover,gotta get use to slowing the thing down at the end of the swing.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    nice hunt G! is that Beth's salad bowl or your field helmet the junk is in? rofl
    Geeze Dave, I'm not supposed to be using that salad bowl lol Now, I'm gonna have to clean it too rofl That's why I don't like salad at my house I always inherit the old stuff for cleaning my finds. She never throws away anything before I hear &quotshocked04: you need this for your detecting stuff? Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Hey George did you use that garbage can cover coil all day? When I use my big coil I feel like it is a can cover,gotta get use to slowing the thing down at the end of the swing.
    My snowshoe? lol Yea, I used it all day at both sites. I was pleasantly surprised that my arm didn't fall off rofl Because I have to swing it slower for the E Trac to get great depth, I kinda have a steady, even swing. So it's not that bad at the end of the swing. A good hunt and the weather was perfect

Quote Originally Posted by machine72 View Post
    Nice hunt guys I went out today at a friends house with kids and did his yard...The house was built in the late 1890's
    was a beautiful day if the wife was home I would have loved to hook up with u guys today but ohh well.. I hope to get together with u guys real soon...hh john
    Any time you have the same day free, give us some heads up and we can get together. At least you got out to detect a while. But I agree, it's real tough when kids are around
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

del, That waterloo button almost looks like mine. remember where we were? where I found that Fugio Cent. Mine says Battle of Waterloo 1815 with a similiar drum pattern. Is it silver looking like mine? You found one there also I think.
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Interesting finds Del thumbsup01
    Garrett ACE 250 - Whites Bullseye - 9 x 12" Coil