Thread: Had my best day detecting yet

Had my best day detecting yet

Went to a place that I have found 4 Walking Liberty halfves in the last 3yrs but this was the first trip with my E-trac . I found 5 nice Walking Liberty halfves today alone- 4 of them are 1941's and the other is a 1935- all in great shape too! I have found nothing but halves at this place and now 5 of them are 1941's and the oldest is a 1902. Then went to another site and found a neat coin- it is just like a IH but has stars around the head and has a date of 1863 -and on back it says 500,000 persons annually cured by DrBennett's medicines. What a day!!! I think this may even impress angellionel If I can get pic on here I will post them

Re: Had my best day detecting yet

Spike, what a day you had. I wish I had your problems of only finding halves lol Congrats on your hunt. The 1863 Indian I believe is a store card token. It's used as advertising and is similar to a Civil War token. Real nice find! As far as pictures. I set my camera's resolution internally to 800x600. This way I don't have to reduce the picture size to make the limit of 300 KB per picture, in order to post. I can't wait to see the halves. You may even get angel to drool a bit
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks it just seems strange not to find any other coin there and that many 1941s but no complaints

Maybe someone had a roll or partial roll of halves and they got lost there. What ever the reason, I'd be glad he didn't have a pocket full of Zincolns. lol

Those big silver pieces will make anyone's heart run like a wild horse and even get the person dancing out in the field. lol Congrats! I hope you can get some photos up.

Wow! Someone lost their collection of silver halves. Too bad for them! Would love to see photos. What a great day!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I think he went to the coin shop and got those coins. LOL no reallly it was a great day for him. Glad he is finally starting to find some of the stuff Im dropping on the ground for him... The token is really cool.

Mabe I will have rusthunter help me post them that way he can look at them again rofl

Here are Spikes coins.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

more pics

more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images           

WOW! That would be a day to remember for sure. Did you start looking around thinking someone was messing with you? I was at a tot lot that I was getting quarters galore as soon as I turned on my machine, and I started looking around thinking someone was messing with me.

Savor the day, it may be a long time before you top that one!

HH,
    cb
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe

Quote Originally Posted by CBnKansas View Post
    WOW! That would be a day to remember for sure. Did you start looking around thinking someone was messing with you? I was at a tot lot that I was getting quarters galore as soon as I turned on my machine, and I started looking around thinking someone was messing with me.

Savor the day, it may be a long time before you top that one!

HH,
    cb
    I would love it if someone messed with me like that. I would tell them to keep em coming.

Thanks rusthunter I will try to get some better ones if I can

The only problem I see Spike, is the let down you are going to have thinking this is always going to happen lol You should savor the moment. Next time you may find a cache of pulltabs :bangahead01: Great bunch of big silver. Man are you lucky for getting those. I would expect you are going there again?? lol

O Ya Did I mention its in a corn field so I know I missed some

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    O Ya Did I mention its in a corn field so I know I missed some
    That makes more sense now. Someone buried a cache or they demolished a house and the cache was in the basement. Now it's scattered about for you to find SWEET!!!

Thats what we think but coins date from 1902 -41 that's a big gap? Either way I hope theres more

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Thats what we think but coins date from 1902 -41 that's a big gap?
    Not at all. Check your pocket change, or if you save your change in a jar. Look at them dates, especially nickels. I bet you will cover that span even now. He just saved whatever he got hold of. Lots of people would save any silver they could, especially if a war was present. He probably lived through the 1929 depression and decided to save some money if rough times hit again, Lessons learned from his previous days. Smart Guy!!