Thread: First time hunting a Beach

First time hunting a Beach

Well, I'm up here in Maine from CT vacationing and hope to detect for the 1st time in the morning with a DFX I borrowed from my friend Dan ( del ).
    Wish me luck and any first time advice would be fully appreciated. The tide is up now (night) and will be low again around 4 a.m.
    Hoping there's some nice rings or coins out there as I didn't see one person Detecting this Morning. Is it because not many like the wet sand ? Dan said the DFX should be alright. If in doubt, Digggg !! is my goal for the morning. Lot's of people throwing around frisbee's and balls this weekend so hopfully a few rings were lost as greedy as that sounds. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to help some poor couple find a lost piece of jewelry, or not, as many have headed home today being a Sunday and all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Re: First time hunting a Beach

It looks like a beautiful place to detect. I envy you. Take advantage and dig all you can!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: First time hunting a Beach

Lots of area to detect. Gotta be a couple of goodies hiding there somewhere.
    Here's hoping you find some gold. Best of luck to you.