Today was a huge day in the history of Brian. Nearly 8 years ago to the day, I decided to go back to school to be a teacher. Three and a half years ago, I graduated with honors from the University of Akron with high hopes. Since graduating, I have subbed 489 day in numerous schools and loved every minute of it. I've had several disappointments along the way with several interviews and being down to the final two for a position, but it just always seemed to elude me. I've taught literally thousands of students and met some amazing people along the way. Students and teachers that have shaped me into the teacher that I am today. I've worked two jobs throughout, trying to make ends meet while persuing my dream. I've had to answer the questions of my daughters of When are you going to get a real job Daddy?. I have been asked many questions over the years, but perhaps that one is the hardest. When people asked what I did... I'd say I'm a teacher. Next question was always Where do you teach?. Each day I would show up at the schools and the kids would always ask Who are you today?. Well... Today, at 8:30am... I can officially say... Daddy has a real job! I teach at Welty Middle School... And finally... I get to be Mr. Duvall today!!!