Thread: my last week finds 1 silver 1 gold

my last week finds 1 silver 1 gold

I found these two last week I feel a little bad about the 10K gold rind when I was getting out of my car I saw a guy across the parking lot getting ready to MD too so we started talking and he's new to the hobbie and hasn't found anything really good yet. But he gets out everyday on his lunch break well after are short chat I left him to his side of the park while I hit the other end. Neither of us found anything good so we both left. The next day I decided to go back and hit the same park again and about 15 feet from where he was last swinging I found the 10K ring. Sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1 mercury

Re: my last week finds 1 silver 1 gold

What a neat looking ring,
    Whites Spectrum DFX, Fisher F75

2012 Totals :
    Silver-6(oldest 1737 1 reale)
    Coppers-18(oldest 1724 KGI)
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143

Congratulations on the rings recoveries. Gold is good. I continually to hunt an old park that has been hunted by many over the years. I've had great conversations with other detectorists there. Every time I go there, for some reason I still get that beeping noise from my detector. My ring count at this park stands at 13, some gold or silver. Last time there, no rings but a nice gold earring. My brother has been detecting far longer than I and he has yet to recover any gold jewelry. I feel for him, however he gets the same beeps I get. I would bank on the park you're hunting isn't finished giving up on it's buried goodies. Don't stop hunting it until there is no noise under your coil. Again, congratulations on those outstanding finds. Happy hunting.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Very nice congrats on the GOLD, WTG |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Some great finds there. It's a matter of who puts the coil over it first. Don't feel bad about getting the gold.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congrats on the sweet gold ring !! | I always feel a little bad for the person who lost an item but I have yet to feel bad about beating another detectorist to a good find , lol you are a better man than I Sir !! |)

! Just like the olympic games. You came home with the Gold <:! Interesting silver ring also. to a great hunt!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Nice finds, congrats!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

congrats on your finds dennis

Nice going, man ! That's the problem today. People hit sites and say It's all hunted out. How many of you have heard that. You don't know what machine they using. It could of been a $200 Bounty Hunter. Where you might have a White's DFX or Minelab. I actually like the challenge of those so called hunted sites. Don't get me wrong, a Virgin is always the best to hit ( Cellar holes people ! )
    I've found some of my best finds at so called hunted out sites and trashy sites. Each coin values over $100 a piece. Yea, don't feel bad he just didn't hit the right spot. It happened to me several times while out with del. I detected in a corner of a wall and he came by and stepped just a little further in an found a Large Cent. I say good for him.
    The best thing to do is Detect with say 1 to 2 inches on the ground in the woods cuz the soil underneath the leaves is still soft often. Look at your foot prints and you will be amazed at all the spots you missed. It's just the way it is.
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Hey what did the ATpro read the gold ring at?
    Hello Wisconsin!

I dont remember ill bench test it when i get home. I: dig any good solid repeatable signal
    1 mercury

Ok i tested the ring by setting it in the grass and the display jumped between 77 and 81
    1 mercury

Sweet finds thumbsup01
    Always looking for that next ring !!