Thread: 16th Hunt from Connecticut... Lead Ball and Large Coppa *UPDATED*

16th Hunt from Connecticut... Lead Ball and Large Coppa *UPDATED*

Hello all...

I got out for a little bit today... I poked around in a private yard and then hit their woods...

I got a few pieces of clad and off to play in tick land.... Man they were bad out in the woods...

I got a old metal comb, 2 pieces of lead...

Looks like a Classic Head 1813...

Applied a little Renaissance Wax...

HH All!
    Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Re: 16th Hunt from Connecticut... Lead Ball and Large Coppa

Nice finds but you left out how many tick you found lol or should I say, found you Yep, them little guys are coming out now. They seem to like Del, must be that Axe body spray he is using rofl Ticks can't resist him Nice copper and it does look like an 1813. One more for the coppa pile, but don't let Heavymetalnut see it, he's kinda been dry lately
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

You guys are killing the copper lately.... very good. Are you cleaning them with hot peroxide? RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Nice Lg Cent!!! Almost 200 years old, that's one of the things I love about this hobby is possibly pulling stuff that hasn't seen the light of day in centuries!!! Congrats thumbsup01!!

I agree with the tick problem. Last fall was unusually bad for my area. I don't ever remember them being so bad. My dog was dropping them left and right last fall and has Lyme disease for it. With the warm spell we just had they're back out again, dog just dropped an engorged one this morning. Down the toilet that sucker went!!!
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Quote Originally Posted by xzlr8n View Post

I agree with the tick problem. Last fall was unusually bad for my area. I don't ever remember them being so bad. My dog was dropping them left and right last fall and has Lyme disease for it. With the warm spell we just had they're back out again, dog just an dropped an engorged one this morning. Down the toilet that sucker went!!!
    First time I took my dog detecting with me (and my wife) she was covered with ticks. We got at least 13 of them and a couple were dead on her later. We always put tick medicine on her. I hate to put chemicals on my pets, but the alternative is much worse.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: 16th Hunt from Connecticut... Lead Ball and Large Coppa *UPDATED*

very nice Paul , its rare to see a very good classic head i've heard that the grade of copper used in those years
    was a low quality and they wore down quickley but you still have a nice coin there. you forgot to mention the oxknob thumbsup01
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That is a nice coin for sure.

I'll tell you what though - one thing I do NOT miss about New England is the ticks. I have yet to get or see a tick here in upstate NY.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Thats what I need in my diet...a bigol' piece of colonial coppa
    I'm on the hunt for my first one
    Awesome find !!!
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    That is a nice coin for sure.

I'll tell you what though - one thing I do NOT miss about New England is the ticks. I have yet to get or see a tick here in upstate NY.
    I'm in Upstate NY - Binghamton area, not too far from Rochester. I could send some up your way. Just kidding, I wish they had never made to my neck of the woods too.....
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

That is a nice old copper. thumbsup01 The wax does make some of the details jump out a bit more.