Thread: Hello from New Mexico.

Hello from New Mexico.

Hello,

Been detecting a few years now and was pleasantly surprised to find another detecting website. I hope I can add to this site as I have others. I just upgraded machines and have a learning curve Im dealing with.

I am interested in meteorites, coins, relics, and prospecting. I also like old trails, and get out when I can.

Thanks for having me.

Re: Hello from New Mexico.

Dry Holes, welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and looking forward to your posts. What type of machine did you upgrade to?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thanks aloldstuff. I bought one of my dream machines for in the wilderness. I was surprised it works in town too. It was a standard F75 that had been well taken care of. I still wonder if the AT Pro would have fit the bill, but I wanted depth. I hope to use it for cache hunting. But was very surprised with all the features after using a old Bounty Hunter 202 for two years.

EMI around any electrical source had me believing it was broke. But I soon figured out how to quiet it down. I am finding more stuff than I ever did before. I like the large VDI screen, and how quick I can switch modes or make adjustments on the fly.

My wife has been going with me and I think I see another detector in our future soon.

Its noisy, but produces almost every hunt. It works even when I set it up wrong for coin hunts in the park. I havent found a use for some of the other modes. I either use All Metal or factory setting in DE mode for now.

I cant use the pinpointer function very well yet. The depth indicator and target ID works in perfect conditions, when I have those. The factory preset gives a good machine.

Im learning Threshold and Notch setting with a good ground balance will give you good results. Im glad to find some F75 users here. I need to get with the more experienced guys to get some more out of this machine. Im only digging 6 target right now and know there is more to this machine.

Thanks for asking.

hello Dry Holes , welcome to the forum. some wild and beautiful country out your way and i bet theres a lot of colorful history as well. i heard good things about the F75 , glad you joined us .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome from Illinois! Glad to have you with us, Dry Holes!

You didn't just find another detecting website, you found the BEST one! thumbsup01

I can't wait to hear about some of your detecting experience there in New Mexico.

Best of luck!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin it is good to have you with us, HH

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Welcome from Mississippi, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post and finds.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Welcome from Eastern Township of Quebec!

Daniel[attachimg=1]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Welcome, Merc uses the F75 and does well. I use the very similar T2. Good luck and welcome again!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Hey and welcome from mid Missouri. . Where abouts you located there Dry Holes? I lived in Alamagordo for several years while stationed at Holloman. Wasn't detecting back then, but wished I did. Good hunting to ya, thumbsup01. Eric
    Just one more Beep!

Welcome from southern Nevada.

Meteorites Huh? Me too. It can be very discouraging at times, but is worth it when you finally find and confirm one.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome from Iowa Dry Holes. Glad you joined our group.

We don't get a chance to see many confirmed meteorites posted, so here's hoping you get one soon.