Thread: Today hunt

Today hunt

Met up with Spike to hunt a couple spots trying to dodge the rain showers. Left the first spot and I decided I had enough for the day so went home skunked. After about a half hour at home I decided I was not ready to give up yet. So called up Spike and met him at another site. As I was pulling up he was giving a thumbs up. he found a nice coin at that site and Im sure he will be along shortly to show his coin. After about an hour here we got ran off by the rain. So once again I went home skunked. By the time I got home the rain had stopped so I was going to walk over to a near by field to try my luck once more. Before I ever made it out of yard I fired the XLT up and started fast swinging as I walked. Got a very nice tone so backed up to check it out. Solid quarter both ways. took to digging and found large cent # 3 for the year and that makes #2 in my own yard. Date is gone but I will take it.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Today hunt

WOW!!! Two from home
    Well...you can't beat that with stick
    I'm still lookin' for my 1st
    Awesome find!!
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

All that driving around and it was right under your feet the whole time lol Ain't that how it always goes? I guess it was meant to be. I would have quit after rain delay #2 lol Not only did you not get skunked, but you got a copper too thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

just think of how much gas and time you could of saved by just staying home and doing your yard first lol lol. congrats on the large copper
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    just think of how much gas and time you could of saved by just staying home and doing your yard first lol lol. congrats on the large copper
    I decide not to grid my own yard. I just wonder around it when I dont have time of dont feel like driving to a site. If I grid it and find every thing I would not have it as a back up spot to hunt. Maybe thats a stupid thing to do, but I like it.

I think we all know that I can't give up feeling and I won't be skunked :-)

Way to stick with it... any day with a coppa is a gOOd day :-)

HH!
    Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Just remember I know where you live and when ur home rofl rofl rofl