Thread: Firsts At The Old Farm House

Firsts At The Old Farm House

Hi All! Went back to the old farm house Friday morning. And had a ball! After the great Silver success of the day before (7 Silvers). I couldn't wait to get back! Started working a new area of the yard. Gridding as best I could. Trying not to miss any spots. Found 5 more Silvers that morning. <: Including my first SLQ. A 1925. Boy that was pretty! I also found a cool Junior Police badge. Thought it was real at first, because of the weight. Until I got it home and cleaned it. Also in my hunt. I found my first Crotal Bell. I guess thats what it is. When I cleaned the dirt out of it. It still crotaled lol! I found what I guess is an old turtle door knocker. Everything I have found so far at this farm. Has been no deeper then about 4 or 5 inches. I'm surprised at how shallow they all were. I took a break about 10:00 am. And headed home for my Coney Coffee break, and some lunch. Being not as hot that day. I wanted to go back and hunt somemore. To make a long story short. I ended up finding 2 more silvers that afternoon. Which gave me another 7 silver day happydance02! Which brings my total for the year to 81. My coins were the 1925 SLQ, a 1952 Washington, 3 Mercs 1943, and 2 45's, 2 rosies 1953-D,54. Also came home with 31 Wheatbacks. Oh yea, 2 clad dimes, and a nickle. Thanks for lookin! HH!
    Attached Images Attached Images                        
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Re: Firsts At The Old Farm House

Nice, congrats! Cool SLQ!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Great hunts and gratz on all the silver! I would go low and slow and clean out that place, nothing better than hunting Virgin property.
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Now that's some fun hunting!

Love the SLQ!

That turtle thing is really cool too.

Congrats on all that silver!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

WTG on getting another 7 silvers from that farm. Really impressed with the 31 wheats . Best I've ever done is 11. Loved your comment on the crotal bell still crotaling rofl. Congrats on all your keepers
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

thumbsup01 wtg nice hunt
    The Best Beach Hunters Dig all Targets
    Silver Seekeers, FMDAC, The Geritol Metal Detecting Gang

congrats on all the silver i also like the other finds like the charms you found dennis