Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Patriotic Today!

Re: Feeling Patriotic Today!

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    Thanks for researching I searched forever and only found one, that it's US Cavalry bit boss, made in 1857 & for sale at around $70- that's nice to know! Btw I never hear anyone talking about how much our finds are worth- is it MD forum etiquette not to discuss or what?

Oh, then I found a sight selling them 10 for $2.50 Then saw that they were replicas!
    that style has been used for around the civil war until maybe the 1940's and they haven't changed much at all only
    very slight variations thats why its hard to pin it down exactly.i think its healthy to dicuss most things here on the forum
    the more we share here the better we all are for it , values of finds are no different. i don't know about others but i'm
    very curious as to know the relative value of items i find , although i don't sell any of my finds but have been known to give or donate
    displays to good causes ( mostly schools for educational purposes)but i think its a good idea to know the value of
    something so if your in a position to have to sell you don't get taken either.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

It is nice to have an outing with others,makes the time more enjoyable.
    Congrats on the Bit Boss.That is a fantastic find and it is in great shape.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Yep, I agree, it someone knows the value of it....post it. It's always good to know how much something is worth. Besides, some people have been in the position to need to sell their finds to support themselves short term I hate to see anyone get taken by not knowing what they got. So here goes, I'll start. I went detecting a torn up sidewalk strip Thursday and got 39 cents in clad...how much is it worth?? Uhmm... 39 cents lol No retirement for me
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

oh! oh! i'll go next . some detectorist left their ski hat in my jeep i won't mention names ( ##cough , Coinnut , cough##)
    whats the value to me nada , zilch , zippo . but to that certain individual in the cold while the jeep has no top on or doors
    and he's freezing his head off boy its worth more than its weight in coppers. lol lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    oh! oh! i'll go next . some detectorist left their ski hat in my jeep i won't mention names ( ##cough , Coinnut , cough##)
    whats the value to me nada , zilch , zippo . but to that certain individual in the cold while the jeep has no top on or doors
    and he's freezing his head off boy its worth more than its weight in coppers. lol lol lol
    You stole my hat you crook lol lol Give it back or you'll get this
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

You guys are so fun- hope we get to meet up for a group hunt sometime! There's a DFX only hunt April 30- May 2nd at a 600 acre boyscout camp near Columbus Ohio. Handyman, Magic, Amy and I are planning to go... camp out. My hubby, mom and kids are coming too
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP