Thread: Learning and loving the ETrac

Learning and loving the ETrac

Got my ETrac a little over a month ago and am loving it!! Im starting to get the hang of picking out the not quite so clear-iffy signals. Heres the silver from a couple after work hunts the last couple nights. I didnt picture the wheats I pulled and have been passing signals in the 5 or less depths (gotta leave something for my brother lol). The weather has been turning chilly here making the detecting a little more enjoyable than in the miserable heat we were having.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

Re: Learning and loving the ETrac

Congratulations on such success with the new E-Trac! Love those silvers... I am sure there are many more in store for you
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Wow, great finds! Looks at all of that silver!

Nice Standing Liberty Quarter! You can see that it has an S mint mark even though the date is worn off. Still a cool coin!

Congrats on your success with the E-Trac! Trust me, you will continue to like it more and more.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Super nice finds, thats a bunch of silver. My hunting partner uses the Etrac and has had pretty good success with it. Keep learning, keep digging and more of the goods will come your way.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Awesome finds. Congrats!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

I don't see any Rosies or Washingtons in there. You better start digging shallower targets or you'll leave some behind!

Seriously, those are some great finds! Congrats to you!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid link=topic=11534.msg124981#msg124981 date=1350075190
    I don't see any Rosies or Washingtons in there. You better start digging shallower targets or you'll leave some behind!
    lol Good point!
    But yeah, it looks like your defiantly getting the hang of the E Trac ! thumbsup01
    Nice finds!
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid link=topic=11534.msg124981#msg124981 date=1350075190

Seriously, those are some great finds! Congrats to you!
    Thanks Jason. Ive pulled quite a few rosies from the site, but lately Ive just been bent on trying to find older, deeper coins at the site.The signals Ive been digging have pretty jumpy FE numbers (anywhere from 01 to 17) but the COs stay fairly consistent (high 30s and up). Ive been mainly listening to the audio and then looking at the screen, but every so often I'll get a great sounding iffy signal and will give decent numbers and even pinpoint the same spot Im recieving the signal, but after the plug is cut the signal seems to disappear. Not sure what to make of it, unless its a rust spot where some iron has completely disintegrated away.??
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

Congrats and welcome to the Minelab machines. My hunting partner switched brands this year.
    For the first time since he has been detecting (many years), he has reached a 100 silver year. Previous seasons
    yielded 20's and 30's.

No doubt you will continue to learn and enjoy shiny coins in your holes. :->

Elite Member

I love my E-Trac...but I dig most silvers at less than 5 inches, even LCs and other older coins...so don't go by depth, go by signal and tone
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

You are one with your machine and in good favour with the &quotig Guy on the medallion. Awesome me son! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!