Thread: Gold ring #3 for the week

Gold ring #3 for the week

Im finally on a gold hot streak. After going through the summer with very little gold finds, I have been lucky enough to find three gold rings in the water this week.

It seemed that hurricane Irene brought alot of extra sand to the shallow waters on the Connecticut beach's and finally the deeper gold is starting to show itself.

Low tide was a slight positive one this morning but I was lucky enough to find more gold at the bottom of my scoop again. Todays ring seems to be a mans pinky ring that is a little banged up and is missing it's center gem stone. Only a 10k three gram ring but, It's still a nice keeper considering that gold is around $1730.00 an ounce.

Happy water hunting...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Re: Gold ring #3 for the week

Very nice ring, congrats on your recent GOLD streak, WTG |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy link=topic=11605.msg125600#msg125600 date=1350844312
    Only a 10k three gram ring but,...
    But? ::
    But nothin'!! That's a sweet find! thumbsup01
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy link=topic=11605.msg125600#msg125600 date=1350844312
    ... and is missing it's center gem stone.
    I was wondering if it was chipped? Or a piece was missing from the center of the stone
    Thanks for clarifying that for me |) lol
    I wonder what was in there?
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

WTG Thiltzy! Gold is gold and it sure is nice to see it in the bottom of your scoop! (especially considering how many pull tabs I see in the bottom of my scoop) lol
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

OK, from now on I am checking your name for new posts before I do anything else on here!! You are making the best finds!! We are having a small storm out here today, but I don't think it is enough to move any sand around. >:\
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon link=topic=11605.msg125722#msg125722 date=1350917751
    OK, from now on I am checking your name for new posts before I do anything else on here!! You are making the best finds!! We are having a small storm out here today, but I don't think it is enough to move any sand around. >:\
    Thanks for the kind words Ron.
    Yes, I have been lucky enough to score three gold rings this past week but I can tell you, I went through most of the summer with very little gold to show for my efforts.
    I think alot of that had to do with the very deep sands that were brought in from hurricane Irene. Even though I wasn't getting the gold, I was still gaining knowledge about the lay of the ocean bottom so the more familiar I became with it, the easier it's become knowing when there are shifting of sands and changes at the bottom. This was some great advice I was given from my hunting partner John. He also lent me one of his water hunting books... I learned alot from the read.
    I try not to waist anytime hunting the areas with deep sands, we all know that gold sinks fast and deep so I try to find the areas that are hard packed sand, clay packed or rocky bottoms. Yes... we can all get lucky and find a fresh drop in deep sand but looking for the cuts and finding the harder bottoms greatly increases your chances.
    Any storm can dramatically stir things up so good luck to ya and happy water hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger link=topic=11605.msg125661#msg125661 date=1350871331

I was wondering if it was chipped? Or a piece was missing from the center of the stone
    Thanks for clarifying that for me |) lol
    I wonder what was in there?
    It seems like there was the letter I or J in the center. I can make out an imprint in the stone that resembles one of those two letters.

Nothing beats a gold streak. Congrats on having one.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

It seemed that hurricane Irene brought alot of extra sand to the shallow waters on the Connecticut beach's and finally the deeper gold is starting to show itself.

You hit the nail right on the head! Be ready for the Sandy aftermath! Good stuff bro....
    White's Dual Field.... White's IDX-PRO HH PI is gone, But not forgotton
    http:/www.youtube.com/user/PIJoeCT

Congrats there Thiltzy Gold is gold man, don't matter what karrot it is. Good luck with the Sandy finds. thumbsup01 Keep us posted..
    Just one more Beep!

Very nice !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

You and that shark are on quite a roll! Congrats!
    Whites XLT, CTX, XP Deus, CZ21, AT Pro

WTG man