Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOLD and 9 Silvers, what a hunt!

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

GOLD and 9 Silvers, what a hunt!

I received my new 6 inch coil for the CTX over a week ago but because of family matters did to get a chance to use it until Yesterday. I took it to my infamous grove for its maiden voyage. I set up the CTX for trash using a completely open screen in the combined tones. The area I decided to hunt is extremely trashy. Within ten minutes I hit a Merc spill with two Mercs. Shortly after that I hit an 06 Barber dime. I was starting to like the 6 inch coil. Three hours later and I had some clad and a couple of wheats, not bad for an area I tried to hunt with the 11 coil.
    I then decided to take a walk in the wooded areas with the 11 coil and hit a nice Nickle signal To my surprise it was a beutiful gold ring 14K and 3.5grams.
    After an hour in the woods I decided to return to a camp I recently obtained permission to hunt. My first silver was a Rosie followed by my best Pocket spill of the year 3 Mercs, a Rosie and 2 wheats. I topped of the day with my ninth silver another Rosie.
    I also found a nice Boy Scout slide with three dates on it 1857, 1907 &1957. I'm guessing it is an anniversary slide for the BSA.
    The final count was 1 Gold, 9 silvers, 7 wheats and $2.17 in clad

Metal Detecting Wisconsin With The Minelab CTX 3030 Season 3 Episode 13

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Re: GOLD and 9 Silvers, what a hunt!

Great hunt!! All that silver coming out of the ground makes me want to go do a night hunt right now lol , but that gold coming out of the dirt is just spectacular Gotta love it thumbsup01
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

man what a day you had there i think you convinced me to get a small coil i was lookig at the x5 for my e trac i only hope to have a day half as good as the the one you had here congrats on all the silver and your other finds them two locations have been good to you i can remember a few videos from there that you made again congrats on a great hunt they dont come like that too often dennis i almost forgot about the ring must have been blinded by all the silver | special congrats on the gold ring dennis

Wow Jeff!!! . What a great hunt!!! I love those keepers. That ring is beautiful but so is all the silver!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Good God man! What a hunt!! |)
    I love the gold ring!! It's a cool design and everything! <:
    I gotta tell ya... I chuckled when you said This is kinda fun. <} rofl
    :: 9 silvers and a gold ring!?! Uhhh yeah! 8/ Yeah thats' fun!! lol Thats outstanding!
    Congrats on one of those hunts! Wow!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

What a hunt. Congrats on a pile of Silver. Beautiful Gold ring. I really like the slide. Congrats on all!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

super great hunt. 9 silvers and a beautiful gold ring. My hunting partner also has a small coil and now I'm pretty sure I have to get one. With all that gold and silver I would have thrown the clad back.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Elite Member

Now that's a hunt
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Great hunt, congrats on all the goods! |
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Nice going, Jeff! <:

Those are some wonderful finds! I'm a coin and relic man and I don't usually get too excited about jewelry but that ring is incredible! I love the stones in it.

Great pile of silver too!

Congrats on the terrific hunt!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

stretcher: Saw this ring go by on the banner and nearly lost my coffee! That is one best looking rings I have seen found! Congratz!! |)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

WOW what a great hunt,you got to love all that silver,but that ring is beautiful

great looking ring Jeff congrats on it and the other finds .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 link=topic=11704.msg126427#msg126427 date=1351649616
    I also found a nice Boy Scout slide with three dates on it 1857, 1907 &1957. I'm guessing it is an anniversary slide for the BSA.
    I looked around a little about the neckerchief slide.
    From what I gathered it's a commemorative slide commemorating the centennial celebration of the scouts.
    And the B-P are the initials of Baden Powell . Who from what I gathered was kind of like the Grandfather of Scouting.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That ring is a beauty ! Congrats thumbsup01
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 link=topic=11704.msg126427#msg126427 date=1351649616
    I was just trying to find more information about the dates on that slide. Baden Powell was born in 1857 so maybe that explains the significance of that date. In 1907, he held the first Brownsea Island Scout camp, which is now seen as the beginning of Scouting. So that explains the significance of 1907, and 1957 must be to commemorate the 100th anniversary of his birth.

Neat find! thumbsup01

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Thanks Tony and Tim for the info on the slide. I've found a lot of BS slides over the years and this one is my favorite.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Outstanding hunt!! Those CTX's rock!! Congrats
    XP Deus, Sovereign Elite, Pro Pointer and a Lesche Digger. 2014 Totals Silver coins 8, Silver rings 4, Gold 0, Clad about 10 pounds worth.

Wow what an awesome hunt you had thumbsup01 you aren't going to soon forget that hunt!!

awsome,gold silver and wheats in one hunt and I like that bsa slide,great job.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.