Thread: On fiiiiiRe

On fiiiiiRe

So on sunday I ran to a park just out of town and ive been told by detectors that it is hunted out beyond belief! It was true for the 1st two hours and I was about to give up when I hovered over a sunken spot where a tree use to be and BAM! 2 mercury dimes, a war nickel and 3 wheat Pennies hardly a foot from each other!!! I hunted there another hour and didnt find squat! not even modern clad. I then was telling this story today to a friend at work and he told me about this old school house in holmen that he and his brother have hunted and never found anything 20 years ago and hes seen people search it every year since then. He said I should try my horse shoe luck there and I DID! It was indeed hunted out besides my very 1st Liberty Quarter Screaming at me from under the only big tree in the school yard! Shabam! I then squeaked out two 1918 wheats before I gave up and went home. Take that 'hunted out' locations!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Hello Wisconsin!

Re: On fiiiiiRe

sometimes it pays to just find out for yourself arent you glad you did congrats on a great hunt in a hunted out park dennis

WTG Dale, hunted out my butt. Just because someone ran a detector over a spot does not mean hunted out. Myself and my hunting partner Rob are constantly finding items from spots that we have detected over a dozen times. on all those keepers.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Veteran Member

great finds and great photos |
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Talk about a little honey hole!! Lots of beauties in the tight area.

A big congrats on the SLQ. I haven't been able to get my coil over one this year. :-\

Great hunt and silver Dale.

Oh man that SLQ is something sweet. I've only found one myself and she wasn't nearly that pretty! Congrats on some great digs!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Super hunts! No matter what anyone says, no place is ever hunted out! Persistance always overcomes the hunted out spots! Congrats on some great finds!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Thnx guys!
    Hello Wisconsin!

Very nice set of coins. Congrats on some great finds. HH
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

in my 50 years of hunting I have yet to find a place hunted out, shocked04:n all your nice
    finds,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Very nice, it looks like you were at the right place at the right time. The SLQ is always a great find, congrats |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

very nice, I'm still waiting for a SLQ. Congrats
    XP Deus, Sovereign Elite, Pro Pointer and a Lesche Digger. 2014 Totals Silver coins 8, Silver rings 4, Gold 0, Clad about 10 pounds worth.