Thread: Automatic Noise Cancel Verses Manual Channel Selection On The CTX 3030

Automatic Noise Cancel Verses Manual Channel Selection On The CTX 3030

I was wondering if there is a preferred channel to hunt with on the CTX? I know on my E-Trac I manually set the channel to 2 or 9, and generally get better performance irregardless of EMI conditions. Is the CTX like this as well?

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I'm not sure, since they are very different in how they operate. I always use the auto unless I have issues with it. Recently I have been using channel 11. The only way to see if the old theory hold up, is by finding a fringe target and going through the channels to see which one gives the best hit on it. As for sensitivity, I run mine mostly on 26.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

The reason I am curios about this is I went hunting with a buddy a few weeks ago that was using the CTX-3030, and I had my E-Trac. I had a good Silver hit on the E-Trac(it turned out to be a Silver Quarter), and I invited him over to sweep the spot with the CTX before cutting the plug. While it did see it, it was no where near close to the clean clear response the E-Trac gave off. Looking back on it the only settings difference I think was that he was using auto noise cancel. Discrimination, ground type, sensitivity all were comparably set the same.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Interesting, I've always used auto on both my ET (when I had it) and now on my CTX.

The E Trac and the CTX are very different. I liked the response of the E Trac much better. Although the settings may have been the same, what's happening inside is probably very different One thing I noticed is that the E Trac would sound off fairly strong, on a good target in the null. The CTX not as strong and sometimes not at all. I have to run it wide open in iron. I think by having a chip communicate back and forth to the machine, they have lost a lot of what everyone liked on the E Trac especially the tones.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold