Thread: Unusual Find…

Unusual Find…

Last week I took the pastor of my church out detecting and let him use my X-Terra 505. As we were moving along he said that he had a reading and began to dig. He saw an old 7-up can about two inches below the surface and continued to dig it up. He grabbed the can, and as he did a big old tarantula ran out of it and jumped onto a cement border about three inches away. Obviously he was somewhat taken back. I’ve attached a picture below. I never realized that detectors can pickup on tarantulas!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You can "Never" have too many Hobbies...
    White's Spectra V3i with a Sun Ray DX-1, Spectra V3 (My Wife's), Minelab X-Terra 505, and an ACE 250. Eclipse Shooter DD 4 X 6, Eclipse DD 6 X 10

Re: Unusual Find…

After I cleaned my shorts lol I'd have probably introduced that thing to the bottom of my boot ........ don't do spiders, especially not baseball-sized ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Geekwinkle View Post
    After I cleaned my shorts lol I'd have probably introduced that thing to the bottom of my boot ........ don't do spiders, especially not baseball-sized ones!
    Same here! I hate anything with a lot of legs and a lot of eyes!!
    White's DFX...Never enough time.

hey you guys kicked him out of his burrow , he was styling in that aluminum house of his until you evicted him lol lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow! Upon seeing that thing pop out of the can I would have yelped like a five year old. lol

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Wow! Upon seeing that thing pop out of the can I would have yelped like a five year old. lol
    now i don't know about anyone else but i'd pay good money to see and hear that . lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yes sir, I would not have liked that at all.There are a few critters that I don't like sneaking up on me and that is one of them.I have been snuck up by this critter and I must have jumped back 10 feet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    now i don't know about anyone else but i'd pay good money to see and hear that . lol lol
    I bet you would. lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Yes sir, I would not have liked that at all.There are a few critters that I don't like sneaking up on me and that is one of them.I have been snuck up by this critter and I must have jumped back 10 feet.
    I have met up with a few of those too, one only a couple of weeks ago. They sure will make you jump. stretcher:

That's it!!!! I'm done metal detecting. I can't say Ewwwwww and Yikes loud enough. lol
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Sign me up for that too lol I gotta see that

I'd give that house back to that little guy and ask forgiveness Don't want the little feller coming home to live in my house :-\
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Something they used to say at the start of the old Superman show sums it up for me able to leap TALL buildings in a single bound I have seen these spiders up close and it scares the devil out of me. Now snakes don't bother me at all........unless they are a lot bigger than I am. rofl
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Quote Originally Posted by texasboy112 View Post
    Last week I took the pastor of my church out detecting and let him use my X-Terra 505. As we were moving along he said that he had a reading and began to dig. He saw an old 7-up can about two inches below the surface and continued to dig it up. He grabbed the can, and as he did a big old tarantula ran out of it and jumped onto a cement border about three inches away. Obviously he was somewhat taken back. I’ve attached a picture below. I never realized that detectors can pickup on tarantulas!!!!!
    sorry guys i know this is an old post, but i just read it and thought i would pass on this amusing story about myself.
    While deer hunting as a late teen, i was walking down an old dirt road in west central louisiana and came upon a big hairy trantula on the road . as i walked toward it, it turned to face me , and when i got too close to it, it jumped towards me . startled, i jumped backwards and leveled my rifle at the hip at it. then i cracked up laughing, thinking only a dumb cajun would pull a rifle on a spider rofl
    i walked on around it, and continued my hunt.

Man am I glad we don't have them things around here... snakes I can handle... Big honking spiders like that...NO WAY! I'd freak out just to step on it... I don't even like the little ones, let alone the huge ones like that! I'm with Angel...I'd be screaming like a 3 yr old....
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Man am I glad we don't have them things around here... snakes I can handle... Big honking spiders like that...NO WAY!
    I'm with Beefcake on this one Wild tarantulas give me the heeby jeebies
    Tame ones are okay as long as someone else is holding them lol
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP