Thread: Little bit of Silver

Little bit of Silver

Got permission to hunt two properties. Hunted the first one today. Small lot with house that was probably built in early 30's or 40's. Found a little over $2.00 in clad and mem. A neat little piece of ornamental metal. Found two wheats, 1952-D and a 56-D. Then found the 1935 Washington. Then I hit a target that was reading 92, 93. I thought, OMG! Not another silver dollar, surely not! Well it wasn't a silver dollar, but a pretty neat find all the same. It was a sterling silver pocket watch case. On the inside of the case it reads, Sterling, Watch Specalties C9, Swiss, 321106. OK for a three hour hunt. Gonna hit the other property Sunday. Weather is great right now, 55 and sunny. Thanks for looking.[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5][attachimg=6][attachimg=7][attachimg=8]
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Re: Little bit of Silver

Nice going on your finds and also on obtaining the permission to hunt two different properties . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Cody, I have always wanted to dig a silver or gold pocketwatch. I've gotten pocketwatchs before but never the good ones. on adding some silver to the jar.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

very cool to find a silver pocket watch cover and a silver quarter too , very nice Cody
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

nice to see that you can work on filling the jar i thiunk we may be done up here for a little while congrats on your hunt dennis <: <:

Great finds the watch piece I s pretty awesome.
    Hello Wisconsin!

That's more than a little bit of silver! I'd say that pocket watch is a nice big hunk of silver, and the silver quarter is nothing to sneeze at either!

Congrats, Cody! <:
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

shocked04:n a great hunt

Dave
    An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.