Thread: Where to put the Keepers ??

Candidate Member

Where to put the Keepers ??

Hi All: I have set up my detecting belt with everything I need
    But no place to put the Keepers // I have been putting them in my pocket but this fills it with dirt and the wife gets upset // What do you do perry

perry

Re: Where to put the Keepers ??

i use a six gallon bucket with a ice fishing seat attached that way i can sit when i dig bad kness it also has a lid to hold stuff inside i keep a couple of pill bottles one with water in it you could just carry a large pill bottle and keep your best finds there dennis

I turn my pockets inside out and shake my pants something fierce to get the dirt of/out before I throw them into the laundry.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Elite Member

I use a waiter's apron that has 4 large pockets (4 on each side for a total of 8)...keep small shovel in one, trash in another, 1 for not so important keepers, 1 for larger keepers, and I use the small pocket on the right side of my jeans to put the really good keepers.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Personally I never wear a belt, and I prefer to use a fanny pack. The one I used this year finally kicked the bucket (the zipper stopped working) so I researched for a bit and came up with a really good deal on eBay (and design too) Here's a link as there are multiples for sale. Has 4 separate pouches and is a cool digital camo color. I didn't get mine in the mail yet, but it looks like It'll do the trick for the 2013 season! You just can't beat $5.89 with free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221011593320...84.m1439.l2649

Candidate Member

Hi JDS That looks real good so I ordered one | Ill report again after I get it // Perry
    perry

Great! thumbsup01

I just got mine a few days ago and it works great. Good design too, it doesn't bulge out and even if you don't close the zippers your finds stay in. I just did a little review of it at the end of my latest youtube video.

Hopefully they last a long time!

And I thought it only had 4 pouches. Ends up they have five, you just can't see the last one in the picture because It's int he back. Great for separating finds in the field.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose.....leave the coat with the dirt in the pocket in the trunk. Here Marie never sees it....lol! Take care me bouy! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

I wear a fanny pack with a few pill boxes in it. I stuff them with cotton and put the keepers between the cotton. I also keep batts and other stuff in there, including TP.....you never know.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I have a pair of bib overalls and that has many pockets - the keepers go right up front up top. Everything else goes into the small pocket apron that I had a zipper sewed onto. that works until I get too much junk.
    Between my machine beeping and my tinnitus - my ears/brain are very busy. Using a Ace 350.

That camo fanny pack is a deal. I use many different types find pouches depending where I'm hunting and what I need to carry. A large pill bottle for better coin, jewelry, buttons an stuff is always with me. Filled with distiller water when I remember to add some. I have one of these in green and it will hold your pinpointer, lesche, drop cloth, extra batteries, camera, trash and treasure. Its $'s but first quality. Since links to that site are ok - here ya go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230891374991...84.m1423.l2649
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

I use a fanny pack, too, but recently got a T-handle shovel holder and a pro-pointer/Lesche holder. They both require hanging from a belt, which doesn't work well with the fanny pack's belt. Not sure what to do. Considering a tool belt/harness type of rig. One that hangs off of my shoulders and has pouches attached.

PUT your indian headpennies in a bottle of olive oil not to long though.

Candidate Member

I carry two 35mm film containers half full of water. One for silver and one other things. By the time I get home the coins are nearly cleaned. A little liquid soap in the containers helps. Good hunting glenn
    Glenn