Thread: Believe it or not...I made it in the water today!

Believe it or not...I made it in the water today!

My first official hunt of 2013 was in the water at 7:11 am est with balmy 33 degree temps ice and snow covering the ocean beach. A lot of people walking their dogs on the beach were looking at me like I was an escaped convict :hysterical:

The winter tides are the best so I just had to get in the water today. Got a bunch of silver coins 5 in total, 2 wheats, a 1941 Canadian penny,1942 War Nick, 1941 Jefferson and a possible white gold religious pendant. It cleaned up like gold and when I got home it rang up as a 10 VDI on my MXT Pro ( gotta test it to see if it's gold no markings so I am not sure)

The fat ring was found at my last water hunt of 2012 but never posted it until now. YES!, I am crazy but some one has to do it rofl
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Re: Believe it or not...I made it in the water today!

That's a great beach day Thilzy . Lots of nice beach toast . The Indian ring is super cool . Let them stare , stare back til' they pick up the poop . I got out to a local bay beach for a little over an hr. yesterday and the tide was real low but all I got were 2 zincs , a shiny , round ,silver dollar sized piece of junk which gave me a false rush and my boots saturated with silt and black smelly goo :-\ . Keep up the good work !! |

Great way to start the year off Todd. thumbsup01

I drove a hour and a half to a RI beach today only to find out it was badly sanded in crying01, drove back the hour and a half and enjoyed the Dunkaccino which as the highlight of my trip. >:{
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Quote Originally Posted by fsa46 link=topic=12214.msg131048#msg131048 date=1357079331
    Great way to start the year off Todd. thumbsup01

I drove a hour and a half to a RI beach today only to find out it was badly sanded in crying01, drove back the hour and a half and enjoyed the Dunkaccino which as the highlight of my trip. >:{
    :-\ Sorry to hear Frank, i am surprissed since we just had a lot of wind with that snow but i guess it all depends which way the wind is blowing
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

ive seen these cheif rings found before, definitely on my wish list
    Hello Wisconsin!

not like an escaped convict but an incredibley crazy escaped convict for being in that water lol lol those kinds of looks always makes me laugh . hey i give ya a lot of credit for the cold water detecting |) |) and it sure paid off . congrats on the silver and gold Todd
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I have to hand it to you water hunters, that's hardcore! |)

I'm glad all that effort paid off with some silver and gold!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Did your parole officer suggest this hobby? rofl Nice going on getting some silvers and gold. Who cares what the the temp is with finds like that.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

You are a hardier soul than I buddy!! |)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

nice stuff... like the Indian Ring...
    whydah

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Vey nice hunt, congrats on some nice finds |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber