Thread: Winter Idea for some of those Coins that have meaning

Winter Idea for some of those Coins that have meaning

Hello everyone ! I wasn't sure where to post this so I just picked this section.
    This Fall my wife purchased me a 1906 Coin Pendent. There is a shop in Massachusetts that Hand Crafts these items. The website is
    www.differencecoin.com .

On the main page click by Country then choose United States or whichever Country you want. The following page have a large amount of Coin Jewelry for sale . I just sent them an email because I want to have a 2 Center made into jewelry and I'm not sure if they do custom requests. I'm sure the coin has to be in at least VF condition. They use 14k Gold and Rhodium on certain areas of the coin if you wish.

Here is the Pendent I received, except mines a 1906 . You can see that the face ,date, headband and feathers are in Rhodium, for those that don't know much about rhodium , it is a metal that sells for over $1000 an ounce, so it's much more expensive than silver which is what I thought it was. What they do on mine for example is cut out the entire field and leave the rest. On other coins they can leave them as is and just make it into a necklace. That's why I emailed them, I want to see if they will make the coin the way you want it. One my 1864 2 Center I want them to leave all the main parts and cut out the rest., then layer most of the rest in Gold, maybe layering the date and Banner area in Rhodium. I'm not sure yet and I'm still waiting for a reply. They might even be able to do Buttons or Tokens .
    This is just an idea that some might find interesting and might want to invest some money into one of their finds for the year.
    For those in the mild weather areas, keep the Pics coming while the rest of us wait til Springtime.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now