Thread: Ax me no questions lol

Ax me no questions lol

Here are a few more finds I've made..obviously ones an ax,though I have no idea of an age on it or what kind of ax it is., I found it buried over a foot deep near an old cellar hole (with a huge maple growing in the center of it) I also found what I believe to be a sewing bird at the same spot...the other i think is a spigot(again modern or old..no idea) for a barrel,found in my own field which produces colonial finds..the domed embossed item,I'm not sure of what it is..a collar? sorry the pix are kinda hazy,havin problems with my camera
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Ax me no questions lol

no ideas on what i got guys?

Quote Originally Posted by castletonking link=topic=12323.msg132127#msg132127 date=1358441208
    no ideas on what i got guys?
    I think your right on the ax head and the barrel tap. As far as the other items....
    The round piece with the hole in the center looks like a trim piece off of a ceiling fixture maybe? And the other item looks familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it right now.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

looks like a 79 Kennedy Half to me

Quote Originally Posted by chief5709 link=topic=12323.msg132130#msg132130 date=1358442465
    looks like a 79 Kennedy Half to me
    hahahahahahaha i just used that as a size reference lol

I found out the item that looks like a clamp is called a sewing bird. well its just the frame of it.but cool anyway

i agree with Tim the one item does look to be an old wooden keg tap , and your right about the sewing or quilting clamp , they come in a lot of different styles ( from plain to the very ornate bird designs).

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album