View Poll Results: Is this find posted in the right place?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • So confused

2 100.00%
  • Help me navigate this site

0 0%

Thread: 1920's Army Pin

1920's Army Pin

I am new to this site so I am not sure if this is how I post what we have found. My husband and I bought our 10 year old daughter a metal detector for Christmas and over the weekend she found this military pin.( I have attached a photo of what we found it to be and below a picture of the pin she found) From our research this US Army pin is from around WWI, which makes it close to 100 years old. We are from Cape Cod Massachusetts and this pin was found on our families private beach in Falmouth, Ma. The Cape is full of history and we are wondering since we are new at this if anyone knows do we need to get permission to go metal detecting anywhere else?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: 1920's Army Pin

hello and welcome to the forum , you posted this in the right place . the collar disk is a nice military item to find , congratulations. | as for the cape theres a lot of off limits to detecting on the outside or atlantic side beaches they are protected and they can fine you but there are also alot of private and public beaches near on the cape too.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice recovery and ID...

As far as Cape Cod goes... I'm suree someone here has more information for you...

Welcome aboard :-)

Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Wow a sweet find.... what kind of detector did she get? Welcome to the forum.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois ConlonFamily!!
    It's great to have ya! I'm not going to be of much help with the rules and reg's on Cape Cod Sorry 8/ lol
    Like Del said this is the right area for your find to be posted thumbsup01 But if you don't want a poll in your next thread, just click on NEW TOPIC instead of NEW POLL. That way you won't have to post questions \ Much quicker But I'll take the poll anyways since you went through the trouble of making it! lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Congrats on a nice find, WTG |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber