Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new here

new here

New to forum name is chris live in missouri

Re: new here

Hello Chris from Missouri , welcome to American Detectorist . how long have you've been metal detecting and what detector do you prefer to swing down that way ??

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I'm a rookie really. I have had my detector for maybe a yr and havnt had chance to use it alot. I swing v3i and its a lot of detector for meto start out with I know but I wanted one I wldnt out grow quick. I cld use all help I can get on the v3i for sure I'm as green as they come lol. I wld also like to obtain a copy of book of jack' if u know where I cld ovtain one plz let me know I need to read all info I can on v3i for sure.

the v3i is a very good machine that has some great features and your right it will be some time before you ever out grow that one. i'll ask Lowjiber (John) to pm you about sending a copy out to you Chris.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Been detectin for bout a yr but am very much a rookie. I swing a v3i and am trying to read all I can. Id like to get a copy og the book of jack rhat I heard about if u cld point me in the righti need good hunting partner too and wld love it to b a v3i ownet with lots of patience lol cause I got a lot to learn, this machine is a beast way for tjat it wld b appteciayed.

Thanx dan that'd b great ill take all advice I can get! Found my first silver bout sux months ago it was merc and followed that up with silver half dollar so its been fun

Welcome from western MA. I spent a year in O'fallon back in the 80's. I also am swinging a V3i, going into my 3rd year. It's a great machine and I am still learning it but I will say that the my finds have increased each year. Right now I am basically running in the HighPro program, its great. Looking forward to your future posts.

P.S. Keep reading about the V3i, I always am getting new information.

V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome from a Missouri-born guy from southern Nevada.

The Book of Jack should be in your email box now. If not, please advise.

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Sweet! Yes I got the email thanx. Yup I know of offallin and nevada both. I am in buffalo missouri its bout 30 miles north of springfield

Welcome from SE WI. thumbsup01 You found a great forum, with some very helpful members. I know, because I am still learning. You have found more silver than I have, |) so you are off to a good start. Good luck, and post your find. |
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

Welcome to the forum, welcome from Mississippi. Will be looking forward to your finds and post.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Candidate Member

Welcome to the forum. As a new V3i owner myself I find the machine awesome and a little bit overwhelming. It's capabilities are fantastic. It's programs are good and can be changed easily without fear. Book of Jack is good. Also, if you haven't god it already, contact Mary at White's customer service for a copy of their V3i Advanced User's Guide.

I have been told their are a couple of users here in CT that will be more then happy to advise me about the V3i. I hope to meet them when the weather breaks. Hopefully you will also have someone in your area with experience.

Good hunting in the Show Me state. Looking forward to your finds.
    Chuck

V3i

Thnx chuck. Yeah that's what id really like is to find a v3i owner around hete as well to get more of a person to personadvice

Welcome from Illinois! Glad you joined us!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Hi Chris!...from Ct!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us, good luck this year and happy hunting.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Welcome!!!

Glad you were able to get the Book of Jack from John/Lowjiber I hope it helps. We look forward to your posts!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome to the Forum, From SE Michigan. Looking forward to seeing some great finds this season!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Hey chris
    Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Welcome to our group Chris. I'm just a state north of you... Iowa.
    Looking forward to your posts. :->