Thread: Lead Buttons & Musket Balls from Shipwreck Area

Lead Buttons & Musket Balls from Shipwreck Area

Well I went to the shipwreck site today to see what I could break out of the mud / ice again today. It was slow at first then I started to pop out musket ball after musket ball. I did manage a few silvers today too.... A flat Washington Quarter & a flat Standing Liberty Quarter... I also got a few relics in between here and there.... A smooth silver Rosie in the mix also... If anyone can help ID the buttons that would be great... The smaller one seems to have an eagle with spread wings in the front... It is a small one , the size of a cuff button and made of lead or pewter.... Leaning more towards pewter..... The larger one is a coat button but very heavy, so I am leaning more towards lead on that one.... Thanks for looking... Happy Hunting and thanks for the help with these two...
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    whydah

Re: Lead Buttons & Musket Balls from Shipwreck Area

looks like you got a nice older are to pick from , sorry i wish i could heip with the buttons but theres just not enough detail for me to tell what it is Whydah.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

Very cool...also appreciate your screen name..after the ship (I think pirate if I remember correctly) that sank out there on the Cape with all of that gold and silver ...ever find any of that?
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

You have an interesting spot to hunt, congrats on the nice finds. |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=12467.msg133511#msg133511 date=1360160175
    Very cool...also appreciate your screen name..after the ship (I think pirate if I remember correctly) that sank out there on the Cape with all of that gold and silver ...ever find any of that?
    It is NOT leagal to hunt that area of the National Seashore...
    whydah