Thread: Buddy got a GW today!!

Threaded View

Buddy got a GW today!!

My buddy Tim and I went out hunting today at an old one room school house from the mid 1800's. I have been dying to get to use my new CTX and it's been forever since we were able to get out, so we headed out in the snowy woods. There is nothing left of the school, but we located a few bricks and I found a small button, so there were signs of life! Tim was hunting down the hill from me and I hear him say he found a big button... Ok... Then he said it had an eagle on it.... Hmmmm... I walked down to him and he put this button in my hand... OMG... my hand literally started shaking. I asked him &quotshocked04: you know what you have here No... I noticed the eagle had that very distinctive chicken look to it... You've got a George Washington!!! He couldn't believe it!

Well, when he got home, he did some research on it and found a site of this guy that is the GW expert that deals with memorabilia of Washington. He called Tim back and told him he knew exactly what it was. It was actually a Patriotic button and was given in conjunction with Washington's buttons. Turns out that he said they are actually a bit more rare than the inaugural buttons because they made less of them. He told him that it's valued between $900 and $1200 in the condition it is in... WOW!

On another note...lol I did manage to get an 1831 Large Cent with my CTX today! First oldie with it.... really liking it so far!

Here's the pics of THE button!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77