Thread: what is the highest karat anybodies ever found on a gold jewelry item?

what is the highest karat anybodies ever found on a gold jewelry item?

I just curious what is the highest karat anybodies ever found on a jewelry item,18k maybe,just curious that's all.

Re: what is the highest karat anybodies ever found on a gold jewelry item?

Only 14k, it was a gold wedding band which got returned.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

14K is about the highest that your likely to find in the states. My wife has some 24K ear rings, but they were made overseas.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

I pulled a 24k gold on silver ring ring out of an old park last year. I probably never would have gotten it but the silver main band , about 4mm, screamed like a banshee. Overlaying the silver band was a band of 24 k about 2/3rd the width with a gold cup on top holding a ruby colored stone with 4 gold beads around it. Very antique looking--- middle ages Robin Hood looking thing. The owner of the local gold and silver store here speculated it was hand made by someone with appreciable jewelers skills. He offered me $100 bucks for the metals but I kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklehead link=topic=12536.msg134252#msg134252 date=1361334331
    I pulled a 24k gold on silver ring ring out of an old park last year. I probably never would have gotten it but the silver main band , about 4mm, screamed like a banshee. Overlaying the silver band was a band of 24 k about 2/3rd the width with a gold cup on top holding a ruby colored stone with 4 gold beads around it. Very antique looking--- middle ages Robin Hood looking thing. The owner of the local gold and silver store here speculated it was hand made by someone with appreciable jewelers skills. He offered me $100 bucks for the metals but I kept it.
    Got a picture of that thing!?! :: IT sounds awesome!

The highest Karat I've found was this 18K gold band:

The second is this 14K gold class ring:

Everything else has been 10K......... or GF or GP. lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

I've tried that but , alas , I am a true techno-dope.
    I tried sending some pictures of my dog to a friend but they would never go even after I trimmed them round to fit in the sliding drawer depression in the front of the computer--they never left.
    A very decent fellow on another forum sent me a detailed procedure list to follow. I e-mailed him back to ask Where's the toolbar ? I keep all of mine on pegboard.---I'm still waiting for his reply

I found a 30K Goldina ring with genuine faux diamelle stones on QVC! rofl
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

230 silver coins since 2009 thats extremely impressive.

In 2008 while water hunting I found a 20K ring made in India or Pakistan. Next time I get to my storage site I should get a picture or just wear it again (it fits). High karat gold jewelry is the norm in many countries of the Indian and Asian continents, to be kept as a form of reserve wealth. Because of the softness of jewelry that high in gold content the inner stampings had worn beyond legibility. My jeweler friend tested it.
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger link=topic=12536.msg134265#msg134265 date=1361369386
    I found a 30K Goldina ring with genuine faux diamelle stones on QVC! rofl
    :hysterical: rofl lol Now, that's funny, I don't care what anyone says. lol

The comments above about very high carat values are true, most are in custom-made jewelry pieces made overseas. The best one I ever found was a few years ago about 8 deep in an old park in California.

I had my jeweler test it. The links are approximately 18 carat; the clasp is around 10 carat; and the inserts are almost 24 carat. Here are a few pics taken several years ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.