Thread: Double D coils size depth etc: What do you think?

Double D coils size depth etc: What do you think?

Paragraph 3 of page 99 of The Minelab Explorer & E-trac Handbook by Andy Sabisch
    Another interesting characteristic of Double-D coils is that unlike concentric coils , smaller coils do not have an appreciable loss of detection depth when compared to the stock coil. This means you can still find deeper targets with a small coil while eliminating the possibility of missing something due to target masking. Larger Double-D coils are also not prone to the typical loss of sensitivity to smaller targets that one sees on larger concentric coils. Many users of the larger coils such as the 15 Coiltek WOT or the new Detech / EXcelerator S.E.F. coils consistently report finding small artifacts or even coins on edge at impressive depths

Do you think I get as good depth on my SEF 6x8 as the 11 Pro coil. Interested in opinions.

Re: Double D coils size depth etc: What do you think?

no

Why no?

There is a loss of depth with smaller DD coils, but it's not near as bad as with concentric coils.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

I have a etrac and ive been disappointed in the amount of indian head pennies and I believe they are deep the only one I ever got was super deep and barely rang up ill tell you what your post got my attention and we will see what the year brings might have to get a dd if the indian heads count don't go up time will tell!

the stock coil that you have is a dd coil you have to learn the machine a little better indians are all over but they will not jump up and say take me you have to put the coil over them i know you will not like this answer but it is the truth nothing comes easy it takes a little effort sorry but its true dennis

Hey dennis I know a place near your stomping grounds that might produce some Indians lets have a contest!The person that gets the oldest coin gets a free lunch from the other detectist!I must warn you im extremely competitive!We could even get mark involved and maybe amx it would be a extremely competive hunt and then we all could go up to Rockford and eat at the machine shed!!!!!!!

go ahead dennis! free lunch.

The pork chops are good!

somehow I missed the machine shed part. that's a great place to go if andy's buying.

Not like a typical restarant good service and has a downhome feel of the country in a urban city and all the food is unreal,there iowa chops are to die for.You get all you can eat sides with every meal and banana and pumpkin bread thats warm and super fresh and taste like your grandmas kitchen,it would be a very good pow wow place for all the detectist to meet and then afterwards go to you know which park mark the one near alpine coin shop!!

I wish I lived closer. This place sounds great!
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer