Thread: 3rd CTX Hunt scores GOLD again...

3rd CTX Hunt scores GOLD again...

Went to the cut again today, and when I got there it was 34 degrees, with a wind blowing a stiff 25 mph from the NE... Let's just say it was cold... I had the cut to myself for about an hour then I had company. An old friend, we gave each other the hello sign and he stayed at the southern end, while I stayed at the northern part of the cut... I had already dug a Buffalo Nickel and a Shield Nickel.... But I was after the silver coins, and the GOLD if I could find it.... Still learning the tones on the CTX.... After a while I had 4 Mercury Dimes and what looked like 2 relidgous medals and some type of old medical syringe?... At least thats what it looks like... Ran out of targets out in the small rocks, so I went higher in the sand and banged out 2 Silver Washington Quarters and a Standing Liberty Quarter... As my friend was asking how I was doing, I pulled out a nice walking Liberty Half Dollar rite in front of him... This makes 14 for this season.... Man what a ride so far.... I walked down to where he said he had just gotton a couple silver dimes... My friend had just told me, he gridded the area very well, and wished me luck.... I took his luck and ran with it... I was just going slow, and then a grunt that was tight to a small boulder. I leaned over, and moved it away, so I could get a better stronger signal.... I said to myself this sounds just like a GOLD Ring... but it can't be, he just gridded this spot, 2 scoops down, and out of the hole, staring back at me was a beutiful antique men's 14 K Gold ring, it still has a nice red garnet....I also got a sterling bracelet that was in quite a few pieces..., a sterling ships wheel, a musket ball and some ear rings... A lot of targets up higher for tomorrow.... Happy Hunting....
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    whydah

Re: 3rd CTX Hunt scores GOLD again...

Man, that gold ring screams Art Deco all the way. on still being able to find the good stuff and for weathering the cold.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Another spectacular hunt! Congrats on the silver and gold!

The other thing kind of looks like the plug where you let the water out of your boat, but I could be wrong.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

that's a great assortment! Congrats on a productive and fun hunt!!!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Another great hunt, the CTX is working well for you.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

your on fire awesome hunt and nice old gold. Your killing it thumbsup01
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Beautiful job Whydah ~ YOU really know how to find the booty!

Candidate Member

Love the gold..