Thread: For coinnut

For coinnut

You say I find the strangest stuff. Take a look at these two beauties. Found at two different locations. When I found the shield, There was a 1893 Indian head in great shape right under it (some parts ofthe coin have some luster.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Re: For coinnut

Both look nice to me! How big is that shield? Can you compare it to a coin so we can see?
    Minelab E-Trac w/ Sunray Probe and Brain! Some other detectors and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by moseng View Post
    Both look nice to me! How big is that shield? Can you compare it to a coin so we can see?
    I was jsut going to ask the same thing!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

cool! is that flaming cannonball ordinance pin steel? i found one on my first cellar hole hunt with dan but it was brass.different design but....
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Here's a couple more pics. The shield is approximately 3 1/2 tall and 3 wide. Some guys said it might have gone on a piece of furniture. What do you think? Uhhhh. Maybe I should of posted this in the relic category. That's ok maybe one of the moderators can move it for me. Delthinkingabout:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for the size comparison. From a piece of furniture... hmmm? Could be, but personally I think it might be from an ancient Aztec (rather small) warrior!
    Minelab E-Trac w/ Sunray Probe and Brain! Some other detectors and stuff too.

Consider your post moved Sal lol There is a small fee for moving it like a furniture shield lol Nice couple of relics and I have no idea on where it was attached. My guess would have been a helmet, but furniture is good too lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I'll bring a few things with me next time we go out so you can hold and take a better look at what interests you.