Thread: Back to the Reale World

Back to the Reale World

Mike and I headed out a little later than usual this morning. 8am instead of the normal 6am. We hit the farm that supposedly has a lost gold coin somewhere in the field. The field hasn't been turned yet and it still has hay- like weeds. Swinging was next to impossible. After an hour we gave up and went off looking for greener pastures

Next stop was the button farm. It was kind of quite the hour we were there, but I still managed a few buttons and the 2 deep 1857? Matron head.

Our last stop of the day was the Reale house. We knocked on the door to let woman know we were going to be detecting. She was happy to see us again. Last time we were there we gave her the display with the the old coins and silver thimble we found on her property. It seems to have paid off because she is now getting us permission to a few more OLD home sites to dig happydance02 We were only there for 30 minutes or so today because Mike had to split. My first and only good signal was a 12-40 at about 8 after digging out a nice plug I hit a 4 x 10 rock. I managed to scoop out the rock and put the sunray in the hole. The target was still there so I went to scoop out another shovel full of dirt and I hit the coin with the lesche... >:{ Oh well... I believe its a 1787 Connecticut copper |

Tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM we will be back at the Reale house.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Re: Back to the Reale World

nice coppers Steve | | the Connecticut is a bit dirty but i believe its a 1787 Miller 14-H. one of the more common varieties but still scarce to see , one of the few varieties with the pheons (arrows) instead of the usual cinquefoils.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose.....mister man that was a great hunt and finds. Trust youz going to give it another go. Congrats! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

I can only dream of finding coins this old.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Very nice hunting and on your 2 coppers. Someday I will find a state copper....some day...
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Very nice old coppers, Steve!

The large cent is definitely a Matron Head and it also has the line under &quotne Cent on the reverse, so it is probably 1827 or 1837 if the last digit is a 7. I think that line last appeared on large cents dated 1839.

Very nice CT Copper too, I can't really tell where you hit it with the Lesche.

Best of luck at the Reale House. |
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=13014.msg138777#msg138777 date=1366125848
    Very nice CT Copper too, I can't really tell where you hit it with the Lesche.
    Me neither.
    It can't be that bad then lol
    Nice finds Steve!
    Congrats!
    I'd just faint probably if I found a coin from the 1700's lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That is such a beautiful coin! I can't imagine ever being lucky enough to find something like this in Tennessee. The small nick from the leshe is sooo hard to see but it is there :-\ Still of you!

I've been fortunate so far with my few keepers to not have nicked them.
    2013: 2 Silvers - 1 Indian - 11 Wheats - $9.14 Clad

Nice finds Steve! on the Copper!

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Nice digs and congrats on the copper. |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber