Thread: New AT Pro - My first finds with it!

New AT Pro - My first finds with it!

Some of these are oriented wrong but I am too tired to care =D I spent the afternoon and evening learning my new AT Pro and holy smokes is this thing sweet!! Ended up with I think $1.56 clad and one lonely wheaty. The dogtag actually belongs to my aunt and I will be giving it back to her. She hasn't lived at the property I found it at in 50 years. the other thing is I think a belt buckle... not too sure

[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3][attach=4]
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    2013: 2 Silvers - 1 Indian - 11 Wheats - $9.14 Clad

Re: New AT Pro - My first finds with it!

I'll bet your aunt wasn't expecting to ever see that dog tag again. Glad you're liking the AT Pro. I'm sure having fun with mine!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

very cool to find the service tags , especially from a relative | | the first item looks like an old car hood emblem to me
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice hunting. That car emblem is from a 1939 Buick. |
    http://www.penskesocial.com/2011/08/...and-symbolism/
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

holy crap! Thanks Ox I'll have to ask my dad if they ever had a 39 Buick.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Nice digs, WTG | good to see the AT Pro is working for you.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I used it today for about 3 hours so far... It gives back so much more information than the F2 its almost overwhelming. I feel like I am missing targets cause I don't know what I am listening for yet. the park that I thought was relatively trash free.... omg there is so much the F2 missed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Atokad link=topic=13081.msg139118#msg139118 date=1366481324
    I used it today for about 3 hours so far... It gives back so much more information than the F2 its almost overwhelming. I feel like I am missing targets cause I don't know what I am listening for yet. the park that I thought was relatively trash free.... omg there is so much the F2 missed haha.
    Take your time with the ATP, I'm having a blast with mine. The amount of info it gives is not overwhelming but just right. I have another unit that gives way more and identifies aluminum can slaw as well. BUT the ATP is the perfect coin shooter IMHO. Listen for the high pitch, pinpoint then take short strokes over the target. If it still remains high and goes away as you raise the coil a couple of inches you could be over a deep coin. I'm hitting silver coins 6 - 8 in played out parks with my Pro. Except nickels, modern coins will show 70 or greater. Stuff like 3 cent pieces and other minor silvers such as half dimes you should test if you are out for those.
    Good luck!
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Very nice finds. I want an ATP really bad. I've only contacted one dealer. They didn't have any. Were back ordered, and really didn't act like they were that interested in selling one. Since that time I kind of lost interest in one. But this kind of stirs the fire again. Maybe I should check with someone else. Great finds. Congrats.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Good stuff! Nice to see the old 1942 wheat. Looks like you're getting an idea how the zincs ring up, that sure is a lot of them!

WTG on learning that AT Pro. There are alot of people with that machine and I haven't heard one complaint. on your finds so far. Before you know it the silver will be in your pouch. thumbsup01
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album