Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTONS IN ONE DAY! BEST HUNT EVER!

5 GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTONS IN ONE DAY! BEST HUNT EVER!

I'm not even sure today was real
    Todd picked me up & we went back down to the 1750's home he found his GW at 2 weeks ago.
    after about an hour of swingin around the yard I decided to go in the area he dug his.about 5 feet away the tree line was and headed in that direction.got a nice signal dug down a large dandy button surfaced.it was plain.stood up swung and another signal.knelt down dug another dandy.flip it over i see the eagle
    stand up same thing.kneel down out pops another.repeat process another! 3 in a 6 inch radius! i was like no freakin way! I figured since they were sold in sets of 4 this was it.

swinging around yard about 100 feet in middle of yard another 58-60 VDI dig down 4 inches another dandy or cloak button.flip it over i'm like this is not possible 4 GW's in the yard plus todds made 5 from this yard.we spent the morning here and after lunch decided to go try a new cellar hole we researched.
    get to the site was kinda slow going,alot of big iron,todd got a real cool relic and i decided to go on the opposite side of the cellar hole. workin that area i get a nice 60ish VDI at 5 inches.dig down out pops a nice silver washed large dandy.flip it over and no freakin way! i kneeled there in utter amazement! stretcher:
    i'm staring at my 5th 1789 George Washington inaugural button in one day

I don't know what it was today?If ole George was lookin down on me or the stars were aligned just right? I'll never know.But,one thing i do know is my very 1st GW a few years ago was my most memorable hunt.this this is a tie with the 2nd best hunt alongside my 1793 chain cent.a day i will never forget!
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Re: 5 GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTONS IN ONE DAY! BEST HUNT EVER!

more pics
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

[move] [size=36pt]UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE [/move]

I've never heard of anyone digging more than four at one time Dave . poor Todd he must of felt like crying01 after your second , like that after #3. verreaction: after the 4th and then felt like stuffing you down a deep well and taking them for himself after number 5. as that would of put me over the edge buddy lol lol

truely an incredible detecting day Dave , thanks for the phone call to share it with me |
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13087.msg139142#msg139142 date=1366515046

I've never heard of anyone digging more than four at one time Dave . poor Todd he must of felt like crying01 after your second , like that after #3. verreaction: after the 4th and then felt like stuffing you down a deep well and taking them for himself after number 5. as that would of put me over the edge buddy lol lol

truely an incredible detecting day Dave , thanks for the phone call to share it with me |
    thanks Dan.I had to call my mentor! i'm still numb honestly/I hated to even tell Todd.I was kinda scared. almost twighlight zonish today was
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

i'm convinced there were atleast two sets of four buttons at the house you guys did first , which means there could still be another three there. how crazy would of it had been if someone said you would of dug up 5 GW buttons today , huh?? i hope you bought a lottery ticket or two lol lol how about a nice shot of the nine together ??

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13087.msg139142#msg139142 date=1366515046

Haha Dan... :hysterical:
    Sincerlely though Dan, It did not bother me one bit. I was truly Happy for Dave today, he just happened to get his coil over the right spots today and if he wasn't there, they may had been lost forever. Maybe he can sell some and buy a car so that I don't have to pick his arse up anymore rofl rofl And to think, I almost left him home today and hunted with my Aunt's husband instead. I could sense on the phone at how miserable he was because I was going to hunt the house with out him. I could hear him whimpering like a little puppy...I could not find it in myself to leave him behind <} <}
    I made some pretty nice finds today that included some buckles, coins and Civil war token so I was happy. I am too tired to clean them and post so I will get around to it in a day or two.

Gratz Dave and great job
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

thanks Dan & Todd! next time you pick me up wear that peddlers badge...cuz you peddle my arse around alot buddy! |
    Dan i'll do a photo of the 9 sometime soon.gotta get to bed cuz we are gonna do this all over again tomorrow!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

|)

Dave is going to be on the cover of every MD Magazine on the planet and then again at the end of the year for the best of 2013, then again in 2020 for the best of the decade....

2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Let me get this straight....you dug 4 GWs.....had lunch....went to ANOTHER site and dug a fifth? There is no emoticon for this. I'm shaking my head.

I'm very happy for you Dave, I'm guessing you'll again grace the pages of some magazines with this effort. Enjoy it!

On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy link=topic=13087.msg139145#msg139145 date=1366516823
    Haha Dan... :hysterical:
    Sincerlely though Dan, It did not bother me one bit. I was truly Happy for Dave today, he just happened to get his coil over the right spots today and if he wasn't there, they may had been lost forever. Maybe he can sell some and buy a car so that I don't have to pick his arse up anymore rofl rofl And to think, I almost left him home today and hunted with my Aunt's husband instead. I could sense on the phone at how miserable he was because I was going to hunt the house with out him. I could hear him whimpering like a little puppy...I could not find it in myself to leave him behind <} <}
    I made some pretty nice finds today that included some buckles, coins and Civil war token so I was happy. I am too tired to clean them and post so I will get around to it in a day or two.

Gratz Dave and great job
    i believe that Todd (i've heard the whimpering before lol lol) but you know if it was the other way around and after you had pulled that fourth button up , his coil would have been swinging so fast from side to side cutting the grass and sapplings down . lol rofl admit it Dave don't get me wrong i'm happy for the GW-man too. he is a machine though Todd maybe thats it , its all making sense now Todd ... he's one of them Borg like on star trek , we'll call him (because of his buttons ) 5 of nine instead of HEAVYMETALNUT lol lol. glad you two had such an eventful day and have a great one tomorrow , thanks for the offer by the way.I hate work

and oh
    hey Dave , THANKS FOR UPPING THE COUNT OF GW BUTTONS >:/

it just made my $2000 dollar example plummeted to $32.50 lol lol

<} You took the words right out of my mouth Dan! lol

Dave!
    That's [size=36pt]UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE !!
    You must be on cloud 9 right now! I know I would be!
    As you know we don't find stuff even remotely as old as that around here. So to see you find so many of something sooo rare is ..... Well. Mind boggling! [attachimg=1]

Huge Congrats to ya Dave!!
    Don't forget us little guys when you go to Hollywood. lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13087.msg139149#msg139149 date=1366518378
    i believe that Todd (i've heard the whimpering before lol lol) but you know if it was the other way around and after you had pulled that fourth button up , his coil would have been swinging so fast from side to side cutting the grass and sapplings down . lol rofl admit it Dave don't get me wrong i'm happy for the GW-man too. he is a machine though Todd maybe thats it , its all making sense now Todd ... he's one of them Borg like on star trek , we'll call him (because of his buttons ) 5 of nine instead of HEAVYMETALNUT lol lol. glad you two had such an eventful day and have a great one tomorrow , thanks for the offer by the way.I hate work

and oh
    hey Dave , THANKS FOR UPPING THE COUNT OF GW BUTTONS >:/

it just made my $2000 dollar example plummeted to $32.50 lol lol
    lol dan too freakin funny! you guys are the best!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

WOW!!!!!!! Talk about a high on 4-20 Amazing day Dave!
    Thats whats so great about this hobby, you go out to a field with nothing and come home with history Big congratulations to you Dave!!
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Congrats! I'm guessing that's a day of hunting you will never forget!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

THIS HUNT GOES TO ELEVEN!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Blog Entries

Your right Todd he should sell some of the ones he just found and buy a car and start picking us up > > but we all know all his stuff will go right in his casket with him,you will have to lower his casket with a crane.Unherd of how could you lose that many GWs in one yard,why were there so many did they toss them out the window,It could only happen to you!!!!!!!!! Nice Finds Gary

CONGRATULATIONS ! A hunt of a lifetime. |
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Well the first thing I checked when I saw this post was the date....no not April 1 so man all I can say is

[size=1t]Wow--Incredible--Wonderful--Delightful--Great--Glorious--Fantastic--Impressive

And I like it too!

Congratulations and well deserved!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Truly amazing

Holy crap! Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.